Express Scripts Canada is actively looking to hire a Senior Android Developer. The successful candidate will work closely with the business to define how best to address business challenges faced by our customers and our internal operations. The Senior Developer will clarify functional requirements and non-functional requirements and develop effective designs and implementation approaches for the delivery of business applications. The Senior Developer will assure the quality of deliverables ensuring that developed products are fit for use, supportable and maintainable.
- Writing well-designed, testable and efficient code.
- Gathering and evaluating user feedback.
- Working as a part of a dynamic team to deliver winning products.
- Providing code documentation and other inputs to technical documents.
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and new technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Troubleshooting and debugging to optimise performance.
- Leading the design, creation, and implementation of a suite of software.
- Architecting, designing, developing and deploying new features for mobile applications.
- Designing and implementing mobile applications.
- Participating in the definition and implementation standards for mobile development.
- Working on all parts of the code-base and contributing to every stage of the product development cycle.
A strong candidate will have the following skills.
- Java & Kotlin for Android
- Experience in OOP with an understanding of ReactiveX programming
- Familiar with Fastlane, CI/CD tools (Jenkins) and GitHub
- Strong Hands-on coding, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of unit testing frameworks like Junit4, Roboelectric, etc
- Ability to develop high performance and reusable code using a modular architecture.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Modelling skills (UML), sequence diagrams
- Conceptual thinking
- Attention to quality
- Shares knowledge with others
- Seeks to understand underlying requirements and business rationale
- A Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- At least 3 years experience, ideally within a Software Engineer or Software Architect role.
- Strong knowledge of Android, Ruby
- Highly goal driven and work well in fast paced agile environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess strong analytical skills
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy™ services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.