Senior Android Developer
Our client is actively looking to hire a Senior Android Developer. The successful candidate will work closely with the business to define how best to address business challenges faced by our customers and our internal operations. The Senior Developer will clarify functional requirements and non-functional requirements and develop effective designs and implementation approaches for the delivery of business applications. The Senior Developer will assure the quality of deliverables ensuring that developed products are fit for use, supportable and maintainable.
- Writing well-designed, testable and efficient code.
- Gathering and evaluating user feedback.
- Working as a part of a dynamic team to deliver winning products.
- Providing code documentation and other inputs to technical documents.
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and new technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Troubleshooting and debugging to optimise performance.
- Leading the design, creation, and implementation of a suite of software.
- Architecting, designing, developing and deploying new features for mobile applications.
- Designing and implementing mobile applications.
- Participating in the definition and implementation standards for mobile development.
- Working on all parts of the code-base and contributing to every stage of the product development cycle.
A strong candidate will have the following skills.
- Java & Kotlin for Android
- Experience in OOP with an understanding of ReactiveX programming
- Familiar with Fastlane, CI/CD tools (Jenkins) and GitHub
- Strong Hands-on coding, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of unit testing frameworks like Junit4, Roboelectric, etc
- Ability to develop high performance and reusable code using a modular architecture.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Modelling skills (UML), sequence diagrams
- Conceptual thinking
- Attention to quality
- Shares knowledge with others
- Seeks to understand underlying requirements and business rationale
- A Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience, ideally within a Software Engineer or Software Architect role.
- Strong knowledge of Android, Ruby
- Highly goal driven and work well in fast paced agile environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess strong analytical skills
Acosys Consulting Services thanks all applicants. Please be advised that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. If interested, please forward a copy of your resume to
Acosys Consulting applies the principles of employment equity and invites women, Indigenous people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to submit their application and expressly mention their group membership status.