At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We’re a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We’re looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for a full time Senior Strategy & Financial Analyst to join our team in Calgary, AB.
As the Senior Strategy & Financial Analyst, you will evaluate strategic and financial potential of new products and business ventures, including risks to the business. As well as develop and maintain full financial forecast and valuation models for Senior Management, Board of Directors and Strategic Partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Update forecast models based on actual performance and business inputs
- Evaluate product and business line performance and identify strategic opportunities for improvement
- Build multi-year detailed working financial or capacity models from scratch; including full development of income statements, balance sheets, and cash flows
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships across all teams and levels
- Prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Apply strong analytical skills, judgement, attention to detail, and creativity to effectively solve problems
- Create and enhance financial processes, guidelines, and policies
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or Math; MBA or Master’s degree a plus
- 5 to 10 years of finance-related experience is ideal
- CFA or progress towards a CFA is an asset
- Proven expertise in Excel modelling, analytics and Powerpoint
- Strong knowledge of FP&A
- Prior experience within a professional services environment is a plus
What will help you succeed:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to convey complex information and concepts in understandable terms.
- Entrepreneurial DNA – comfortable building a business from the ground up, making decisions in the face of ambiguity (but make data-driven decisions when possible) and dealing with major challenges along the way with poise
- Experience that combines day-to-day execution, along with strategic planning, and business analytics
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.