About the role
We’re hiring a Senior Data Analyst with a bend toward data science. You’ll work closely with product and operational managers along with other analysts to foster a culture of data-driven decision making. In this particular role, as a member of the Analytics team, you’ll work cross-functionally with our Risk, Product, and Data Science teams to unearth insights about fraud and risk while helping to improve operations.
As a key member of this mission-driven team, you will develop the dashboards and metrics we use to guide our business, surface insights and recommendations through analyses on large data sets, and work on data science models. You will identify and analyze major opportunity areas within the Risk business to optimize existing processes while partnering with the Risk Product team to build delightful member experiences. The ideal candidate has experience working cross-functionally on operational projects and has exceptional analytical and communication skills.
In this role, you can expect to
- Bring existing best practices to help foster a data-driven culture. Work closely with operational leads to define goals, metrics and create dashboards to evaluate success, and analyze experimental results.
- Perform complex analyses and in-depth research on large data sets to drive efficiency and effectiveness in support of the Risk Operations team in fraud reduction.
- Work with Data Science to evaluate, monitor, and optimize the application of machine learning across various use cases.
- Partner with Product and Operations teams to implement solutions and influence product roadmaps that drive the member experience.
- Communicate not just findings, but also your product, process, and policy recommendations to key stakeholders and executives. Use your insights to help drive better decisions and automate operations.
- Advise and mentor analysts throughout Risk with an eye towards upleveling our analytical sophistication.
To thrive in this role, you have
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, data science, or business operations role. Masters degree with a quantitative focus is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of SQL; experience working in Looker or similar business intelligence tool.
- Experience in R or Python; have knowledge in predictive models or ML techniques.
- A track record of defining and leading data-intensive analytic projects to success.
- A strong passion for Chime’s mission and an understanding of financial services, financial products, and the associated risk.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We’ve raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.