Requisition ID: 97205
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
The Risk Management mandate is to provide oversight, monitoring and reporting of all operational, credit and market risks, including fraud exposures on an enterprise-wide basis. It is comprised of four well-defined functions: Operational Risk Management, Retail Credit Risk Management, Wholesale Credit Risk Management and Market Risk Management.
This role supports the Senior Manager of Strategic Initiatives and Portfolio Oversight and the overall Risk Management Team in identifying critical financial information typically from the bank’s Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). The primary responsibility of this role is to assist the senior manager in developing and maintaining a risk reporting framework, support on credit risk strategy initiatives and other ad-hoc analysis will be required as necessary. Accordingly, the role requires strong data programming skills including SQL and SAS.
The Senior Analysts generally works within the established framework to carry on responsibilities under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Strategic Initiatives and Portfolio Oversight. A high degree of self-assurance, initiative and business sense is required of the Senior Analyst in order to carry out the position responsibilities proactively in a timely and effective manner
This role will allow the Senior Analyst to gain insight into the bank’s financial systems, economic drivers and regulatory reporting environment. The candidate should be naturally inclined toward mathematics and have a curiosity to learn complex systems. A background in business, statistics, economics, finance or accounting is desirable.
- Maintain the monthly Local Risk Credit Committee deck for review by senior management
- Provide key access to data via SQL/SAS/Python and other data retrieval techniques.
- Identify data sources, and develop process required for the preparation of standard reports.
- Assist in providing financial information related to the expected loss component of the provision for credit loss and other portfolio insight in actively managing credit risk of consumer lending portfolios.
- Support for strategy , product and analysis teams as required
- Support the development and implementation of credit risk and loss mitigation plans and provide insight to the management team through ad hoc requests, projects and initiatives.
- Cross-train and share risk analytic knowledge with team members to foster a strong risk discipline environment.
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by senior management
- University Degree with a business, analytical, mathematical or statistical focus (Economics, Finance, Accounting or Statistics)
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of experience working with data analytics
- Specialized Knowledge
- Knowledge of OSFI guidelines is an asset
- Knowledge of Basel regulatory requirements on capital adequacy, liquidity risk and interest rate risk would be considered an asset
- Technical Skills
- Strong technical solution management experience and skills
- Strong analytical skills including SQL/SAS/Python
- Strong skills in reporting tools such as Tableau
- MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Aptitude for innovation and readiness to “roll up sleeves” and do what is necessary to deliver on business objectives
- Strong capability to work with cross functional team members and collaborate effectively in high pressure environments
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where processes and procedures are consistently refined
- Ability to work autonomously under tight timelines
- Ability to work on multiple ad-hoc tasks with a sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.