At CN, everyday brings new and exciting challenges. You can expect an interesting environment where you’re part of making sure our business is running optimally and safely-helping keep the economy on track. We provide the kind of paid training and opportunities that long-term careers are built on and we recognize hard workers who strive to make a difference. You will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The Procurement and Supply Management (P&SM) department ensures internal stakeholders have the appropriate products and services to deliver customer needs. P&SM manages the complete supply chain and relationship with CN’s suppliers. The Performance Team has the mission to support the P&SM department to meet its strategic objectives. Its members work to improve department efficiency by leading projects, developing key capabilities, standardizing processes, providing training and coaching, and overseeing the department governance.
The Senior Analyst, Performance is responsible for leading projects and mandates to improve processes and tools for the P&SM department. The incumbent acts as an influencer and facilitator within the department. In addition, the role ensures the development of multiple performance capabilities such as Data Analytics, Process Management, and Continuous Improvement. In many aspects, this position acts as a change catalyst within the department by challenging status quo, proposing valuable initiatives and managing changes and transitions.
Build and Sustain Performance Capabilities
- Lead efforts to define and implement department’s program management office (PMO) to ensure alignment, prioritization and execution of critical efforts, including leveraging recognized project management methodologies
- Lead delivery of departments’ data analytics roadmap in the department, including rolling out of new data platforms and tools, educating others on data analytics practices, and influencing an improved use of data
- Lead definition and tracking of departmental key performance indicators, including supporting other teams in compiling data and generating measures and reports
- Lead the sustainment and improvement of department’s processes, including managing cross-functional initiatives of process reengineering, value stream mapping, and robotic process automation (RPA)
- Lead roll out and sustainment of a lean management system by being a role model of a lean leader and coaching peers and others in developing similar skills
Deliver Improvement Projects
- Identify, initiate and plan improvement mandates and projects to ensure alignment with department’s leadership
- Lead mandates and projects delivery end to end, including solution design, implementation and support
- Implement and standardize processes and routines within P&SM, and provide proper support to various teams through the transition
- Act as a project manager by coordinating tasks of indirect resources assigned to projects
- Ensure accurate and regular communication and feedback throughout projects such as follow-ups, regular project team updates, leadership updates, etc.
The role has standard working conditions in an office environment. A business casual dress code is required.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in continuous improvement, process management, data analytics, or strategic planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Business Administration, Management, or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)*
- Certification in continuous improvement methodologies
- Certification in Project Management*
*Any designation for these above would be considered as an asset
- Inspires others with impactful communications and adapts well to its audience including with large teams in workshops
- Promotes ideas while evaluating impacts
- Builds and maintains an internal network to support a better overall work experience
- Cultivates relationships to proactively support customers
- Develops and empowers self and others to ensure CN’s success through continuous feedback and coaching
- Applies analytical thinking to make recommendations that pursue sustainable performance
- Knows the business and stays current with industry trends to elevate expertise and work
- Tracks metrics to achieve ambitious targets and holds self accountable to meet performance expectations
- Fluently bilingual both written and verbal (English, French)*
*Any skills/attributes for these above would be considered as an asset
- General Microsoft Office Skills
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such SAP
- Good knowledge of data engineering such as databases and data architecture
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, and Alteryx
- Proficient in process mapping and analysis methodologies (e.g. process reengineering, Robotic Process Automation)
- Knowledge of the continuous improvement concepts and principles (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean)
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.