Bank of Montreal
100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Supports the delivery of investor relations release reports, initiatives, and events to build and strengthen investor community relationships. Communicates financial results and strategy information to the investor community. Provides information and analysis to keep stakeholders informed of the opinions of the investment community and their perception of the Bank. Supports relationships with internal and external stakeholders and monitors market information to understand impacts to the investor relations strategy, policies and programs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Develops investor relations solutions; fulfills investor community requests for information and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Builds effective relationships with internal / external stakeholders in order to understand their issues, concerns and positions.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Supports or leads the design, development, and management of effective investor relations events, release reports, and ongoing programs; assesses investor community needs, develops the stakeholder communication and engagement strategy, designs event / program content and materials, and manages event logistics.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Develops tailored messaging about investor relations, identifies appropriate distribution channels, communicates the Bank’s position on key issues and strategic views of the Bank’s businesses.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide investor relations insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- University degree or college diploma in either investor relations, finance, accounting, or related discipline.
- Experience in investor relations, public relations is an asset.
- Preferably Bilingual – French & English.
- Proven communication and relationship management skills.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmo.ca/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.