Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance Transformation, this position will be a key member of the team in supporting the transformation of the Global Finance function for Global Wealth and Asset Management (WAM). The incumbent will play a critical role in the success of the Digitization & Automation (D&A) workstream by providing the skills and support to drive improvements and keep sprints organized and running smoothly. The individual will work alongside the Manager, other D&A team members, stakeholders and other experts in the company to track, report and deliver improvements and coordinate the pipeline of work throughout lifecycles and deliverables effectively and efficiently. The incumbent is a pivotal member of the Finance Transformation team, performing a broad range of tasks and activities to support process improvements and automation initiatives, while building positive relationships across the GWAM Finance organization and other Manulife partners.
- Contribute to the success of the GWAM Finance Transformation initiatives and D&A workstream related activities
- Work with members of the D&A team to drive D&A projects from assessment to delivery
- Research, present and deliver quick win solutions that provide immediate benefit and relief to the pain points in Business processes
- Assist in research, baseline measure and solution evaluation in achieving Straight Through Processing and minimize manual journal entries for GWAM Finance
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring adherence to sprint schedules, identifying and responding to discrepancies and tracking completions. Handle pipeline and backlog for D&A opportunities.
- Support in producing, tracking, updating and validating initiative documentation regarding sprint status, velocity and backlogs for all D&A initiatives
- Maintain and report challenges, risks, issues, decisions and action items including follow up with teams to ensure timely reply and/or action.
- Assist in the development, planning and execution of presentation meetings and roadshows to assemble opportunities and report on deliveries including creation/distribution of presentation material and follow up on assigned action items.
- Collaborate efficiently with Business Optimization partners to ensure deliverables are efficiently coordinated and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Foster and maintain positive working relationships with GWAM Finance teams across all geographies (Toronto, KW, Montreal, Boston, UK, Hong Kong and other Asia regions/countries), leveraging formal and informal forums to generate and explore process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years in a finance or accounting role, ideally with experience in projects and process improvement
- Post-secondary education in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Management Engineering
- Creative problem solver who can grasp concepts quickly, think on his/her feet and deliver practical solutions to drive improvements
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate, influence and build relationships with stakeholders at different levels; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of strong customer service and teamwork orientation, with an approachable and collaborative demeanor
- Motivated self-starter, with ability to multi-task and handle priorities efficiently
- Attention to detail and quality of output
- Experience in using Alteryx, PowerApps, Power BI, Power Automate, SharePoint Online or other user enable technologies would be a strong advantage
- Familiarity or knowledge of agile, project management processes, process improvement methodologies and tools would also be an asset
- Experience with SQL or Python would be an asset
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.