Royal Bank of Canada
What is the opportunity?
To leverage core Finance systems knowledge and expertise in order to provide global application and business support, best practices, and systems and process knowledge and content, in support of the Finance user community, and business & IT partners.
What will you do?
- Provide application and business support related to the enterprise Finance systems (such as PeopleSoft General Ledger, EPM, Finance Datamart & Requester Tools, etc) for the global Finance user community
- Assist with investigation/resolution of complex system functional issues as well as critical system issues
- Prepare broadcast communications related to system issues
- Provide subject matter expertise for training, communications, and best practices content on the Finance systems and ad hoc training to users or user groups as required to ensure the effective use of the finance systems and contribute to the build of a self-serve support environment
- Proactively contribute content to the Finance Systems Forum on RBC Connect to contribute to an efficient support environment and assist with ongoing review of existing content
- Responsible for tracking support requests and communicating responses/updates to end users. Participate in the testing of system changes when required
- Lead or participate in information exchange, production and prioritization meetings as required to represent the Finance community. Assist with special projects as required
What do you need to succeed?
- Advanced experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger
- Advanced experience with IBM Cognos, TM1 Web and TM1 Perspectives
- Strong experience with tools such as FiBRS, Adjustment Capture, OnDemand, etc
- Bachelor of Commerce with Accounting designation or MBA preferred
- Knowledge of macros and query tools
- Must be comfortable working independently, flexible to work rotating schedules with team and be available for on call shifts on weekends and statutory holidays
- Solid understanding of information technology
- Ability to improve training and communications content as well as support processes
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 120 Western Parkway
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 12/19/2020
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 295656