55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting
Analyzes, monitors and reports on the financial performance and condition of the business/function. Performs financial & business analysis in support of business solutions and business outcomes. Works across BMO to provide service and support the financial management activities of the business/portfolio and ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Provides and documents financial period analysis for financial information packages e.g. monthly run-rate forecast, quarterly forecast to actuals, etc.
- Ensures financial results are well understood and how they impact to business results.
- Develops knowledge related to business/group strategy, plans and financial activities.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Employs systems e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports, etc. to manage information.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completed or near completion of an accounting designation
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.