Bank of Montreal
250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
Supports the execution of accurate and efficient reporting solutions for risk, regulatory and management information to internal and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies. Supports an efficient and
effective risk management function which uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, increases service level performance and minimizes risk.
Daily operations and system enhancements; creates and participates in the development of testing requirements and validation of implementation of capital requirements for Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) Capital. Identifies opportunities and leads the enhancement of capital methodologies for quantifying CCR capital across all trading products so that the accuracy and reliability of capital to enhance consequent business decisions reliant upon this data.
- Participate in the development of business requirements for Technology Development and/or vendors for system enhancements, including specification of user acceptance test requirements. Perform user acceptance testing to ensure business and analytic requirements are correctly implemented.
- Participate in the implementation process to ensure proper and timely implementation of system enhancements.
- Consult with stakeholders to understand the line of business and/or risk objectives, translate business requirements into development tasks, and ensure alignment of priorities.
- Identify issues and propose and implementing solutions.
- Ensure risk platforms used for risk capture are current and internally consistent.
- Assist in the documentation of procedures, control processes, and policies relevant to internal controls.
- Engage with end-user groups to provide support as needed
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience, preferably in a financial institution;
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in a technical field, i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics
- Good organization skills including planning, scheduling, coordinating resources, managing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills with a solution oriented attitude
- Strong proficiency with Excel, VBA, SQL, Database Concepts, SDLC
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good relationship management skills.
- Broad understanding and experience with risk management methodologies, preferably in Counterparty Credit Risk
- Market Risk
- Corporate Risk Management
- Technology & Operations
- Credit and portfolio management
- Account Management
- Capital Markets Trading Lines of Business
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.