Manulife Financial Corporation
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the AVP, Head of Corporate Insurance, the Senior Analyst is responsible for assisting in the implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive Insurance Risk Management program. Key accountabilities include policy renewals, requests for proposals and contract reviews, claims management and supporting new initiatives.
The Corporate Insurance team is responsible for the corporate insurance program which includes procuring property and casualty (“P&C”) policies to protect the Company’s assets including its directors, officers and employees. We are a global function and interact with all divisions across Canada, Asia and the U.S. providing advice and insurance alternatives for P&C related matters. We develop risk management strategies, assess various options and implement the appropriate solutions.
What type of work will I do?
Risk Management and Assessment
- Conduct research for the development of insurance risk transfer solutions.
- Stay apprised of emerging regulations that impact policy terms.
- Prepare reports to support policy renewals and management information requirements.
- Assist business units by reviewing indemnification clauses and insurance requirements in RFPs and contracts.
- Keep advised of developments and trends in the P&C industry through industry forums and participation in professional associations and organizations.
Leading the Corporate Insurance Program
- Work with business unit clients to clarify insurance requirements and provide advice regarding the insurance protection afforded under the corporate insurance program.
- Lead the data collection, review and submission of applications in support of insurance placements.
- Assist with the negotiation of coverage terms.
- Verify the accuracy of underwriting submissions, quotes, binders and policies and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain the Corporate Insurance procedures manual and play critical role in the communication of same to internal business partners.
- Lead the claims management function by communicating claims handling procedures to internal business partners, providing direction to external adjusting firms and/or insurers, maintaining up to date claims records and reports and expediting claims resolutions.
- Become coverage specialist for assigned policies and, lead renewal process for specific placements.
What will be expected from Me?
- Canadian Risk Management designation (or working towards) preferred but not required.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience relating to the P&C or risk management industry preferred.
- Strong organization skills and able to work well under time pressure.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to interact optimally with all levels of management.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working as cross-functional team member as well as independently.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient digital literacy.
We bring a bold ambition and set of goals to drive transformation in our industry, a mission for “Decisions made easier. Lives made better”, a leadership team dedicated to your growth and success as well as our best, every day!
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.