No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
The Senior Analyst, Business Restructuring, provides analytical and administrative support to directors in the Business Restructuring Unit. Support activities include, but are not limited to, preparation of amendment and disbursement forms, follow-up on file administration, completion of quarterly financial and annual administrative reviews (including required financial analysis), and document compilation and review for new loan applications. The Senior Analyst, Business Restructuring, may also be required to act as a liaison between directors, clients and various third parties.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Identify and analyze the fundamental reasons for client underperformance.
- Participate in the evaluation of clients’ long-term viability, business strategy and restructuring strategy.
- Review and assess cash flow forecasts, financial projections and supporting analyses.
- Evaluate market trends and future prospects for BRU clients through documentary and virtual (online) research. Analyze research results and make recommendations to directors.
- When possible, accompany directors to client meetings to gain a better understanding of issues, risks and possibilities related to the client.
- Obtain and compile all the required supporting documents for new loan applications.
- Participate in the assessment of potential new loan applications in compliance with BDC’s policies, practices and quality standards.
- Actively participate in the portfolio administration process (e.g., annual review, risk assessment, action plans) in accordance with BDC credit risk management policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, other BDC services and outside resources in the resolution of basic customer issues.
- Develop and maintain a good network with Business Centre personnel, colleagues and internal partners to stay current with internal practices, ensure the consistent application of policies/procedures and the pursuit of common objectives in terms of credit, loans, etc.
- Provide coaching and sharing of knowledge with others on the team.
- Provide administrative support to team members (e.g., maintaining checklists and management tools) and collaborate in special projects, as required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Professional accounting designation is an asset.
- Three to five years of relevant experience, including two years in financial analysis. Experience in financial services or restructuring is preferred.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to identify critical issues affecting clients and related commercial contexts.
- Ability to anticipate the long-term repercussions of decisions and adopt a broader approach to problem-solving.
- Good knowledge of credit policies and practices.
- Good knowledge of legal aspects related to security taking and enforcement.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Ingenuity, self-reliance and creativity.
- Team player who is flexible and cooperative.
- Good knowledge of lending systems and software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Bilingualism may be required depending on location.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.