What is the opportunity?
Global Manager Research (GMR) is a team of analysts dedicated to providing investment manager research and due diligence in support of RBC’s global businesses and distribution platforms. As a Senior Alternatives Analyst, you will conduct initial and on-going research, analysis and due diligence of private alternative investment firms in support of the launch of a Private Markets Group in RBC Wealth Management’s operations in Canada. Build and oversee a list of alternative investment managers for the Private Markets platform in Canada and collaborate with global colleagues to help support alternatives initiatives in RBC’s U.S., British Isles, and Asia businesses.
What will you do?
- Conduct initial and ongoing due diligence and analysis related to the firm and product structure, portfolio management, investment approach, performance, as well as operational due diligence reviews on alternative investment funds.
- Provide clear and timely insight, information, and opinions on alternative investment managers though published reports and verbal/audio communication channels.
- Deliver meaningful and timely insight, information, and recommendations for action to appropriate investment committees for all assigned investment managers and products.
- Foster strong cross-border collaboration amongst the three GMR teams and its key stakeholders and mentor-less experienced team members to enhance research capabilities across the team.
- Problem solve and resolve issues that arise in the day-to-day oversight of alternative investment managers, recommendations, and projects.
- Assist Advisors in business development efforts with ultra-high-net-worth clients through opinions, ratings, and other written and verbal communication channels.
- Assist in the launch of a support model for RBC WM Advisors including educational and training materials, asset allocation guidance, and timely market insights.
- Deliver accurate and timely delivery of reports and recommendations, as well as ad-hoc requests to advisors and investment committees.
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, math or statistics or equivalent work experience with 7+ years’ research and due diligence experience, including 3+ years’ related to alternative investment due diligence
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in use of software tools such as Microsoft office suite and analytical tools to perform manager research
- Proven track record in the implementation and integration of complex technologies and cross-functional projects with demonstrated curiosity about technological innovation
- Continuous awareness of economic and market environments
- Fluency in French
- Extensive experience with key investment products and concepts including alternative investments, operational due diligence, portfolio management, investment strategy (asset allocation), and investment structures
- Strong background in legal, regulatory, and governance issues related to the private markets space
- CFA/CAIA designations and or advanced educational degrees
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com .
Address: 155 Wellington West – 27th Floor
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/27/2021
Platform: Wealth Management
Req ID: 333486