Desjardins Financial Security
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a senior business intelligence advisor, you help develop and use tools and methods to collect, compile, model and restore the organization’s physical and non-physical data to establish governance, help decisionmakers understand the big picture and inform decisions.
You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area.
You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
General Information on the Position
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor various strategic projects and initiatives under your responsibility.
- Oversee the development and updating of policies, standards, process models, overall performance indicators and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and mandates.
- Monitor and anticipate trends in your field to ensure that best practices are developed for the sector and business line.
- Identify, analyze and diagnose major issues and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies concerned.
- Develop and update information quality and security governance
- Coordinate teams of professionals when required, and oversee their development.
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies
- Represent Desjardins Group’s position when reaching agreements with partners or external organizations.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of a relevant experience
- Experience in database use: Oracle, SQL, etc.
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Advanced knowledge of the various components of group insurance plans and related data
- Knowledge of SAS and SQL programming
- Knowledge of analytical tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau)
- Proficiency in MicrosoftOffice (primarily Excel and VBA)
- Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English, both oral and written.
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Nimble learning, Organizational savvy, Strategic mindset
150, rue des Commandeurs Lévis