iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you looking to join a team of driven professionals in a close-knit team? We have an exciting opportunity to join our Dealer Services team as a Senior Actuarial Analyst, P&C where you will provide actuarial services to support the continued growth and success of our diverse P&C insurance portfolio.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Valuation of P&C insurance, with a focus on extended warranty products
- Perform sources of earnings analysis and communicate findings
- Maintain and improve P&C valuation models
- Maintain and improve the financial forecasting process including capital management
- Complete regulatory requirements such as Financial Condition Testing (FCT), Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA), and Appointed Actuary Report
- Assist in transition to IFRS 17
- Present KPIs and recommendations to management
What Do I Need in Order to Succeed in This Role?
- Bachelor in actuarial sciences, mathematics, or statistics
- 4-5 actuarial exams and interest in attaining FCIA designation
- Experience with R and SQL with advanced knowledge of Excel, Access and other MS Office programs
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner with all levels of staff
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
What Would Be a Nice To Have but not Required?
- Knowledge of Axis
- Knowledge of the Auto Industry
- Bilingual French
What does iA Offer?
- 35 hour work week
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- An annual bonus
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth opportunities
If you have any further questions regarding this great opportunity please feel free to reach out on Linkedin to Nicole Lum, Talent Acquisition Consultant: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicole-marie-lum-b-comm-cphr-398b7513/
Vancouver / 400-988 Broadway West
Posting End Date
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email [email protected]