This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
Senior Actuarial Analyst Casualty – Canada – AXIS Reinsurance
You will join the Actuarial Team at AXIS Re where you will be a pricing actuary supporting our Canadian treaty business. Relevant lines of business include Property, Professional Liability, Workers Compensation, General Liability, and Auto. In this role, you will work closely with our underwriters to project the results for individual trading relationships. In addition, you will be expected to have in depth knowledge about industry trends and be capable of incorporating this into your individual treaty pricing work. Some travel is necessary.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect and validate data from clients to input and process it with AXIS pricing tools
- Liaise with underwriting to properly understand and reflect the risk
- Perform loss modeling of Canadian treaty business for the North American Division
- Use actuarial methods to estimate expected losses, cash flows, risk aggregations and advise management on technical pricing, and ensure robust economic and actuarial evaluation of commercial agreements
- Provide actuarial input into portfolio monitoring, business planning, and projections
- Collect market parameters and perform analysis to uncover trends and correlations
- Support development and maintenance of data analytics tools and models
- Participate in cross functional teams and projects and provide best actuarial practices
- Participate in client and broker visits; some travel required (
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree or equivalent within Actuarial Science or similar technical field
- Progress towards qualifying as a member of an actuarial society, preferable the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Typically requires at least 5 years of work experience, preferably in a pricing department at an Insurance or Reinsurance company
- Expert level user of MS Office.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, such as VBA, C#, R, or SQL.
- Fluency in English is required, Fluency in French is preferred
- Self-initiated and high motivation; proactively addressing of issues
- Strong team player
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and international environment
- Ability to manage priorities
- Demonstrated rigor and work ethic
- Experience with Reinsurance is a plus