To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Finance and Operations
The Corporate Accounting team is currently seeking a Senior Accountant on the Commissions Accounting team. As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP to accounting transactions, the monthly close, and balance sheet account reconciliation in a fast-paced, non-traditional environment. You will work with FP&A and various cross functional teams when preparing the expense accruals. You will also be involved in the 10Q and 10K processes and participate in SOX compliance for the general ledger area; interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to aid our continued success.
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables primarily relating to Salesforce’s earned commissions in the Americas (journal entries, reconciliations, reports)
- Prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Ensure compliance of commissions accounting under ASC 340-40
- Work with internal and external business partners (domestic and international) to ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests.
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Provide assistance to the 10Q and 10K reports, including preparing/reviewing supporting schedules, ensure timely completion and review of all assigned general ledger account reconciliations
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and SOX testing with internal and external auditors
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Drive to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Process and systems improvement; rethinking the status quo for continuous efficiencies
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- BA in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience; high tech industry & Big 4 experience a plus
- Oracle 11i or higher, or other ERP system experience
- Strong Excel skills required (e.g. Pivot Table & VLOOKUP experience) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data (MS Access & Data Warehouse a plus)
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with peers throughout the company at varying levels
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter and team player and able to work in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment
- Hyperion systems – Essbase/Smartview experience a plus
- Quick learner, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Experience in SOX control execution/documentation
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.