Ready to create innovative solutions and best practices?
Join our team
The Data Strategy & Enablement team is on a continuous journey towards helping TELUS become a world-class leader in data solutions, doing so by delivering data analytics capabilities built upon unified scalable platforms, advanced AI tooling, high quality data, and a data-product and data platform oriented culture while always keeping an eye on the horizon, preparing for the next big thing.
We are looking for a technical expert that brings world-class expertise in cloud computing, software and networks to apply their broad experience spanning across technology, strategy, operations, analytics and management to lead the development of TELUS’ ”Self-Driving Network”.
Together, we will develop and execute strategic programs that will enhance the experience for TELUS subscribers, including improving the robustness and reliability of our networks.
Always wanted to work with a team of innovators and be part of a culture that embraces creativity and collaboration? If so, we’d love to talk with you!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
- As our “Self-Driving Network” Architect, you’ll help develop this important component of TELUS’ technology roadmap and future solutions, delivering our company’s goal through applied analytics, machine learning and automation solutions
- You will empower senior leaders and cross-functional teams to harness the capabilities of a next-gen “Self-Driving Network” and be accountable for delivering measurable progress on these initiatives
- By leveraging your cloud computing, software development and network engineering knowledge you’ll lead the development of our strategic plan and the implementation of automation technologies in tandem with teams leading our 5G and Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) roadmaps
- Lead our network automation technology strategy and drive solutions and initiatives by collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Explore and discover opportunities to enhance TELUS’ network robustness and reliability via automation, software development and cloud technologies
- Envision and operationalize an effective “Self-Driving Network” strategy in tandem with our 5G and Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) efforts
- Plan, communicate and get buy-in from your stakeholders and then deliver and execute on your plan demonstrating measurable results
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- You are experienced with network automation, software development, API deployments and microservices
- You are a Cloud technology expert, bringing extensive experience with technologies such as GCP, AWS and Azure
- You are well versed in infrastructure as code (such as Terraform), data pipelines, AI model implementation and microservices architecture
- You are a Telecommunications and/or network engineering savant, familiar with IP networks, transport technologies, enterprise IT infrastructure, HSIA and RAN technologies
- You have a proven track record with automation, having dealt with analytics, digitization, specifically applied to implementing complex AI algorithms and solutions
- You are comfortable with reporting, able to provide executive updates on the programs you lead, and the overall health of these initiatives
- Post graduate education in Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Dev/Ops or Advanced Analytics
- A deep understanding of broadband network and cloud computing environments
- Prior experience designing and deploying automation solutions with 5G technology and/or IoT
- Hands-on experience with coding and software best practices
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.