Hexagon A&P is a high-tech company successful in designing and manufacturing high precision global navigation equipment. With Hexagon’s broad range of customers and leading-edge technology, the requirement for enhanced security and risk management has become more prevalent. Hexagon is looking for the right person to lead our physical security program in Calgary to safeguard our employees and assets and to ensure our success is maintained.
The Security Specialist would be part of the Corporate Services team in Calgary. The Corporate Services team manages the company’s support services to ensure our employees have the best possible work environment. Hexagon A&P headquarters moved to a new building in 2018 and plans to open a second building in Calgary in 2022. The Security Specialist is an integral part of the security and risk management programs for these locations.
This is a management position within the company, and we are open to innovative ideas and opinions on how to best implement the various security programs. Professional development is an important and supported program at Hexagon.
Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division is a global technology leader, pioneering end-to-end solutions for assured positioning on land, sea, and air. We are an industry leader recognized for technical innovation, unsurpassed quality, and industry-leading customer support. This position is located at the Hexagon Calgary Campus, which opened in September 2018. In this state-of-the-art location, we offer a casual and innovative work environment, including leading edge technology, on-site gymnasium, dedicated bike storage room, and underground parking.
Our organization is a dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. We are looking for a passionate team player who is committed to the success of the collective group and advancing leading edge technologies that support our customers. Come see why we are recognized as one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers in 2020!
As the Security Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Management of the physical security at the Calgary buildings. This will include management of the physical security zones within the buildings, administration of access rights to employees, and sub-contracted security alarm and patrol services. This will also include reviews and risk assessments of the security systems for continuous improvement.
- Support compliance to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security standard – NIST-800-171 and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certificate (CMMC). This will include implementation of, auditing to, and reporting on the compliance to the standards and ensuring completeness of all required documentation.
- Manage the company’s Business Continuity Plan. This will include reviewing the existing continuity plans and incorporating changes to reflect the company’s new building location and latest business models.
- Experience in management of building security systems
- Experience in risk planning and loss prevention strategy
- Able to attain Reliability level security clearance within Canada
- An education level enough to write and communicate security policies, processes and procedures
Key Success Factors:
- Implementation of security policies and procedures
- CISSP certification
- Experience working in IT cybersecurity frameworks
- Experience with NIST-800-171 security standard
- Experience with ISO/IEC 27001 – Information Security Management Systems
- Experience in auditing company procedures