The Modern Life Experiences (MLX) team builds innovative new customer experiences for families that work on Windows, Xbox, web, and mobile. We focus on providing peace of mind through digital and physical safety and helping families learn, grow, and have more quality time together. Millions of families rely on our easy-to-use software.
Why we feel this is a unique opportunity:
- You will be the security subject matter expert for all our customer mobile and web productivity applications used by millions of users.
- This is an opportunity to leverage and interface with other Microsoft security experts to gain a broader view of Microsoft security, standards and knowledge and leverage their expertise.
- Work closely with our product teams to deliver customer-centered security.
We keep alive an inherently startup-like, risk-taking culture but we also take the responsibility seriously to carry one of the world’s most recognizable software brand names – Microsoft.
- Lead by example: Hands-on determining and fixing security vulnerabilities throughout the stack .
- Create /Integrate tools, static analysis, services, or whatever is necessary so that developers and teams discover and address security vulnerabilities
- Work with engineers to develop and test security fixes
- Monitor security analytics and investigate anomalies
- Review and create threat models with the engineering team
- Develop tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats
- Conduct penetration testing or interact with penetration testers and other external vendors to validate that security controls work as expected.
- Work in an agile development environment and partner with engineering and product teams to ensure that new product feature development adheres to security best practices
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software or DevOps engineer with a strong knowledge of common web services development patterns
- Hands on experience with working on cloud platforms like Azure, GCP, AWS. Prior experience with Azure services and technologies like Azure DevOps, Service Fabric, Azure Kubernetes Service, App Service, Azure Key Vault and Azure CosmosDB a big plus
- Understanding of web stack, web security and common vulnerabilities.
- Domain expert in security with respect to web development and enterprise app development. Understanding of SDL and mobile experience is a plus.
- Experience with automation tools and deployments.
- Collaboration skills to effectively partner with cross-functional teams and to be able to consider diverse opinions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.