At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
You are a Security Engineer who drives improvements for sensitive parts of Couchbase Cloud products by building cloud security measures, integrating new and supporting existing cloud security measures, managing container and network security, fostering security culture, and advocating for security processes around CI/CD and cloud operations. You are the expert for vulnerability dependency scanning, threat modeling, and secrets management for the Cloud Products team. If you have experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms- AWS, Azure, or GCP- we’d love to have you apply.
Here’s a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you’ll have earned the trust of the team, have taken on independent code review responsibilities, and collaborated on the design of new features to build solutions that detect and prevent attacks and compromises.
*In 6 months time- you’ll have implemented processes and fostered a security culture with substantially reduces the risk of threats from cracking our infrastructure or applications.
*In 12 months time- you’ll have directly built and collaborated with the entire Engineering team to build the solutions Couchbase Cloud products really need to prevent and detect attacks and stop them in their tracks while establishing a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery with quality work.
This role is also open to remote work (USA, UK, India) as our teams are globally distributed. We are a remote-first team. Prior experience working remotely is not required, however, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
Note: Wish to work from home? Not a problem – This role can be remote and located anywhere in the CANADA. #LI-RemoteCA
- Design solutions and drive its implementation to protect Couchbase Cloud networks and systems
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of Couchbase engineering and business teams
- Conduct security reviews of Couchbase Cloud corporate and production infrastructure
- Build security tools and processes using Go for critical infrastructure protection, monitoring and remediation.
- Build and expand our APIs and services, written in Go
- Collaborate with other engineers across the stack to deliver delightful user experiences
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and improve system security, stability, reliability, and performance
- Write various kinds of tests including unit and integration tests
- Smartly instrument software using techniques such as distributed tracing and logging
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Key technologies this role will employ: Go (Golang), Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, Burp Suite, nmap, Grafana, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Thanos, Terraform, Vault, Couchbase Server, Datadog
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to make realistic assessments of product complexity
- You are kind and collaborative
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- The software you write is sympathetic to the humans who will maintain it
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback, regular dialogue, and collaboration as fundamental skills on our team.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss security in the context of complex systems including backend and frontend web technologies
- You have a strong understanding of commonly-used security technologies and their effective application
- You have strong knowledge of cloud computing concepts and environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- You love to write Go, more Go, and then a little more Go
- You enjoy troubleshooting
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we’ll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
*DBTA Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Database Overall and Best In-Memory Database
*2020 Bay Area Best Place to Work
*Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2020
*Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report
*Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2019
*Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup 2018
*Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Candidate Privacy Notice