Your Role and Responsibilities
The person in this role is responsible for ensuring the Midrange environment for our clients are maintained in a positive security compliance posture by executing the secondary control health checking process.
The responsibilities involve scanning tool configuration, performing automated scans, checklists, reviewing output for valid deviations, and assigning SIM issue tickets to delivery teams for remediation of any identified deviations. Ensuring all necessary artefacts for evidence of execution are stored and responding to audit requests as per timelines required. Knowledge of the Global Security Health Checking process and applying it on the Midrange Systems and Subsystems.
As a member of the Canada Security Health Checking team you will collaborate with various teams as required including Account Team, Support Delivery teams, Security Policy team, Audit focals, Idenity and Access Management.
Scanning frequency is based on the Client’s Security policy (e.g. every 18 months, annually, quarterly) along with daily checking activities and minimal scanning restrictions during offline hours. Some programming and JCL updating and running may be required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong communication skills, organization skills, attention to detail.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with Midrange Systems, Batch Process and Problem Determination/Resolution, Proficient in using spreadsheets on Microsoft Excel and creating/updating documentation in MS Word.
- Knowledge of Ansible. Proven Leadership Skills.
- Self starter and quick learner, knowledge of Agile, GTS processes including Security health checking and Issue Management.
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Government of Canada Security clearance Level 2 (Secret) will be required for this position.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- I/T Security, Data Privacy, Toolsets, automation, MS Excel and scripts, quality assurance, Audit principles, Audit readiness, Agile, Risk Management.
- Conscientious, works well with people, detail oriented with focus on quality and audit readiness. Can work well to ensure monthly health checks are performed on time along with other duties, and respond to audit requests when required.
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.