Join our team
We live in a fast-paced cyber-world where protecting our information has become paramount. At TELUS Security, we strive to always be steps ahead, tackling the toughest security challenges head-on with top talent and cutting edge technology. As part of the R&D DevOps team you will be applying security disciplines across new domains of big data, cloud, wireless & wireline networks, and massive converged edge networks for TELUS as the Anchor Client.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a security consultant for the R&D DevOps team you will be part of a national growing team that supports and delivers next generation technology roadmap and best-in-class capabilities. Your work will develop, deploy and operationalize new technologies that are critical to continuously improving TELUS’ security posture. The R&D DevOps team support a wide stream of capabilities that will enable your development and career growth.
As a Security Consultant, you will take on many exciting roles:
- Expert in your field: Support TELUS Cyber Security defense in depth portfolio, cloud transformation and automation initiatives
- Lead the introduction of new technology, platforms, applications, capabilities and services to protect TELUS as an anchor client
- Lead the design, development and validation activities
- Including Proof of concepts (POC), vendor selection, testing and production deployment and automation
- Support and lead various cloud transformation activities
- Collaborate with the Cyber Security Operations team to drive resiliency, reliability, and seamless performance of our deployments
- Technology Savvy Problem-Solver: Resolve problems that are diverse and complex and frequently involve new issues that may not have been encountered previously
- Strong Verbal and Written Communicator: Present relevant security findings, recommendations to stakeholders
- Innovative Thinker: Think outside the box, be open to do things differently and do things that have never been done before
- Analytical Thinker: Make timely and logical decisions in analyzing diverse information streams, evaluating options and formulating recommendations in order to resolve problems
- Lifelong Learner: Committed to continuous personal development to maintain and enhance technical security knowledge
- Dedicated Team Player: Work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment supporting fellow team members when required
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- With strong experience of current and emerging Cyber Security technologies
- Hands-on experience with multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion prevention systems and Cloud Security Platforms
- Strong experience in Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper, TrendMicro Firewalls, next generation Firewalls and Intrusion prevention systems
- Experience with systems installation, configuration and administration
- Understanding of software-defined networking (SDN) and virtualization technologies such as network function virtualization (NFV)
- Understand of Cloud-Native (GCP) implementation and software delivery model
- Understand of CI/CD pipeline integration with vendors, and open cloud-friendly e2e test automation frameworks: automate SW integration, delivery and testing
- Valued for your 5+ or more years of design and deployment end to end experience, from the start of an idea, to the final production deployment
- Recognized for your 3+ years of cloud security (GCP) and automation experience
- With a knack for assessing and analyzing business needs and transforming them into workable business and technical requirements
- Commended for your high level of self-motivation and accountability on technical projects in a competitive environment
- Appreciated for your continued efforts towards honing your information security technical subject matter expertise
- Acknowledged for your comfort and ease dealing with ambiguity and complex issues and concepts demonstrating your leadership, problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Known for your collaborative spirit and ability to maintain strong relationships in a cross-functional team environment to establish Technology Standards
- Committed to continuous personal development to maintain and enhance technical security knowledge
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- (ISC)2 certification
- Certified Information System security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.