WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Lead Consultant, Security & Technology to join our Mechanical and Electrical Team. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Security & Technology, the role will be responsible for developing smart, physical security and technology systems and solutions, project delivery, quality, safety, and performance.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from strategy and design phases, through the final construction close-out and post occupancy.
- A Canadian success story – a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Canada’s leading team for resilient infrastructure – we are constantly innovating, learning, and driving towards a low carbon and resilient Canada;
- Enhance the world around you – from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities – we’re growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we’re open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our journey.
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You will lead and support large Smart Building/District/City type pursuits, creating pursuit materials inclusive of project approach, scope and fees
- You will participate in the development of deliverables for enterprise security and smart building projects including evaluation of client key performance indicators, integrated automation product research, information flow diagram development, and controls system integration.
- Provide Integrated Security and Building Systems designs, including converged networks, for facility related systems including but not limited to: Information Technology, Electronic Security, Multi-Media, AV/PA, Smart Building, Systems Integration, Physical Security, Communications, Building Management, Occupancy and Space utilization, sensors, etc.
- You will research and validate technical capabilities of potential integrated building technologies (facility control systems, building analytic platforms, energy consumption and sustainability reporting tools, computational modeling etc.) applicable for client projects.
- Create construction and systems implementation documents (Drawings and Specifications).
- You will attend and participate in project and client meetings.
- Participate in driving WSP services at external Industry events and media campaigns.
- Oversee innovative projects, proposals and quality control ensuring focus on client needs and profitability targets.
- Develop cross functional relationships, working with and influencing senior business executives and management to build the competencies of the group to increase market share.
- You will uphold thorough understanding of complex enterprise building information systems and applications to client situations
- Contribute to the Intellectual Property of WSP by driving the development of toolkits, methodologies and accelerators
- The candidate will be a respected thought leader in the area of Physical, Cyber and Information Security Convergence.
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- A College or bachelor’s degree in a field related to areas of responsibility for the position.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in consulting engineering or related sector within the technical security industry with a keen interest or relevant Smart Building industry experience required.
- Previous experience in innovative design and the interdependencies between sustainability, MEP systems, and technology systems is preferred.
- Strong enterprise experience working in and with large and complex multi-regional companies
- You will have a clear understanding of Engineering Consulting and Construction marketplace, be a big picture, strategic thinker, and have a reputation and track record for leading business alignment and growth.
- Knowledge of digital communication technologies, databases, and facility control systems for smart buildings is preferred.
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to prepare and present design information to clients.
- BIM/Revit design software experience is a plus.
- You will be able to demonstrate your business development experience within the local Consulting Engineering environment.
- You will have a thorough understanding of the risk management practice, current with advancing threat and technological landscapes.
- Ability to get PSPC Top Secret Clearance is a requirement.
- Prior experience with software coding, data analytics and data visualization platforms are a huge plus.
- Relevant technology industry certifications (i.e. P.Eng., CPP, PSP, RCDD, CCNP, CISSP etc.) would be considered an advantage.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.