Rakuten Kobo Inc. is looking for an experienced Security Analyst to strengthen our global Security Operations team. Reporting to the Information Security Officer, the Security Analyst will work alongside the Operations Team to operate the in-place security solutions which includes the identification, investigation, and resolution of security events detected by those systems Other duties include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and/or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures, as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments.
The Security Analyst is expected to be an advocate for Kobo’s security goals as established by the organization’s policies, procedures, and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
Reporting to the Information Security Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the duties outlined below:
- Identify network and system security vulnerabilities, investigate and report the severity of the vulnerability, and facilitate the activities required to resolve the issues.
- Track and communicate remediation steps to resolve security issues to the teams involved.
- Conduct various audits including for user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Monitor system logs (server, firewall, IDS/IPS, etc) and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity, identify threats, and make recommendations.
- Work with Ops and IT Teams to maintain up-to-date and secure configurations and baselines (core images, GPOs, etc.) for all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e. security tools) or not (e.g. workstations, servers, network devices).
- Work with Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) to ensure accurate, complete and continuous logging of all enterprise devices (servers, network, and security appliances).
- Act as Level 1 incident response for issues escalated by MSSP, vendors, or internal customers.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends in the Security Industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and best practices, and the development of new attacks, exploits, and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional products or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security posture.
- Document and implement the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions and/or enhancements to existing security solutions following enterprise standard operating procedures (SOP) and industry best practices.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture, under the direction of Operations Management, where appropriate.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documentation (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures) under the direction of the Information Security Officer, where appropriate.
- Experience in monitoring and securing a global 24/7 operational production environment.
- Experience with enterprise and/or datacenter grade network equipment such as Cisco.
- Experience with firewall technologies such as Palo Alto Networks, Cisco or equivalent.
- Experience with securing web technologies including load balancers, DNS, certificates, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining technical security documentation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present complex security concepts in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desire and ability to demonstrate continuous learning mindset.
- College diploma or University degree in Computer Science or Cybersecurity and/or two years equivalent work experience.
- Flexible hours and unlimited work from home until July 2021
- Full benefits starting from your first day
- Paid Volunteer days, unlimited sick days, and 3% PRSA matching
- Monthly commuting allowance
- Flexible health spending account
- Talent and development training budget
- Free Kobo device + free weekly e-book or audiobook
- Frequent Lunch and Learns Author series
- Weekly Kobo Tech University sessions
- Weekly trivia happy hours (Thirsty Thursdays, as we like to call it)
- Maternity/paternity leave top up
Here at Rakuten Kobo Inc. we offer a casual working start-up environment and a group of friendly and talented individuals. Our employees rank us highly in terms of commitment to work/life balance. We realize that for our people to be innovative, creative and passionate they need to have healthy minds and bodies. We believe in rewarding all our employees with competitive salaries, performance based annual bonuses, stock options and training opportunities.
If you’re looking for a company that inspires passion, personal, and professional growth- join Kobo and come help us make reading lives better.
About Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global ecommerce companies, with the world’s most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to 30 million + customers in 190 countries. Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps. Kobo is a part of the Rakuten group of companies.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Rakuten Kobo would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only qualified candidates will be shortlisted