NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: SCRUM MASTER
LOCATION: WATERLOO, ONTARIO
Passionate about Scrum and Agile Processes. You want to see empowered teams that develop high quality software in an efficient manner. You see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility and opportunity for improvement. You don’t see problems, you see boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe agile teams provide the best opportunity for teams to succeed. You enjoy being part of a team that is building software solutions that make life easier! In fact, you’re a fun person to be around – you enjoy helping others you grow and develop – making the team successful.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for a Scrum Master like you.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Own the Scrum process, ensuring that it is adhered to.
- Protect the Team, keeping their execution and delivery focused on the committed sprint work.
- Remove impediments in a timely manner and detect hidden problems.
- Provide training for new members and refresher sessions for existing teams.
- Schedule and facilitate all scrum ceremonies.
- Generate and analyze metrics to monitor and improve the team’s velocity, software quality and efficiency.
- Encourage self-organization and empowerment of the Team, making sure other parties do not make commitments on behalf of the team.
- Assist the Product Owner with backlog maintenance and grooming.
- Enact change & continuous improvement to increase the productivity and efficiency of the team and quality of deliverables.
- Work with other Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches to increase the effectiveness of scrum across the organization.
- Support Team building and development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals and fostering a Feedback culture.
- Use social media and blogs to keep abreast of emerging tools and techniques within the Scrum/Agile/Scaled Agile domain.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Passionate about Agile. You understand the benefits of the agile process and empowered teams and share that passion with the team.
- Never content. While you celebrate team accomplishments, you are always helping the teams to find opportunities to improve.
- Energetic and creative. Always looking at ways to keep ceremonies interesting and interactive.
- A bit of a perfectionist, but in all the best ways. People trust you to make the right call-quickly and confidently.
- The one everyone wants on their team. You simply bring out the best in other people.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the software field with a minimum of 3 years experience in an agile environment.
- Experience as a Scrum Master for a commercial software development team that was diligently applying Agile principles, practices, theory and Scrum Values. CSM certification is a plus.
- Experience with Jira or other tools utilized in an agile development environment.
- Good skills and knowledge of openness, servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience generating Metrics and Reports.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Experience working in a scaled Agile environment, such as SAFe, is a huge bonus.
- Cloud/SAAS, PaaS development experience especially with cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Google Cloud.
- Knowledge with Open source technologies including Cassandra, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- Experience working with high volume transaction systems.
- Experience with developing software for Financial Institutions.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.