Requisition ID: 99244
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients’ assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
Purpose of Job: This is a unique opportunity to join the dynamic and continually growing world of Scotia Wealth Management.The SWM receptionis welcomes and interacts with our high net worth clients, making strong verbal and written communication skills essential. A professional business image and positive demeanor are required for this front-line position. The successful candidate is well-organized with excellent time management skills, as well as solid knowledge of bank-related computer systems.The hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.The incumbent must have exceptional communication, organization and administrative skills, works independently and employs solid judgement skills in the resolution of problems.
• Receives all visitors, including phone calls and responding or forwarding to the appropriate individual for timely response
• Receives, sorts and prioritizes mail, taking notice of required actions and due dates to ensure timeliness of responses and required actions
• Performs daily mailroom duties and ensures all documents and/or deliveries accurately reach our internal employees
• Accepts and arranges courier of parcels to ensure timely distribution of packages and documents
• Coordinates the receiving/processing of Head Office shipments and deliveries
• Coordinates meetings rooms and conference calls ensuring action items and deliverables are handled
• Coordinates any internal communication to staff, including maintenance of internal documents including phone lists
• Organizes and maintains various filing systems to track and store data and documentation and allow for easy retrieval of information
• Maintains office supplies inventory at proper levels and ensures timely ordering
• Distributes office supplies and ensures all areas of the storage areas are properly stocked
• Assists with security related activities and key holder responsibilities, including producing security badges, open/close the office, and liaising with building security
• Arranging catering needs/lunch meetings as needed
• Coordinates any special events as required
• Liaising with office equipment vendors for maintenance as needed
• Assists with special projects, and other administrative functions as needed
• Superior customer service skills
• High level of problem solving abilities
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Highly organized with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Effectively interface and develop working relationships with all levels of the organization and external clients
• Work independently and manage execute assignments with minimum instruction .
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Kanata
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.