Scientist IAnalytical Operations
This is a 12 month (1 year) contract position.
This role requires flexibility to work during the day as well as afternoon.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
What will you do?
Provides analytical support in the Laboratory Operations Department by following standard practices. Performs analytical testing as assigned for on prototype, CTM (Clinical Trial Material) and Commercial batches supporting the development and/or manufacturing operations. Makes detailed observations and reviews, documents, and communicates test results.
- Documents all experimental data in accordance with Attributable, Legible, Contemporaneous, Original and Accurate (ALCOA).
- Independently carries out HPLC, dissolutionand physical testing analysisfollowing established procedures, Analytical Methods & Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Works Proficiency with Empower, NuGenesis, MS Word & Excel Software.
- Performs basic troubleshooting to overcome system suitability failures.
- Recognizes and reports unexpected or Out Of Specification (OOS) results immediately to the Supervisor and conducts laboratory investigations under direction.
- May be essential to perform alternating or rotating shift work (as required)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get there?
- B.Sc. in chemistry or a related field.
- Good understanding of basic chemistry and experience with common laboratory equipment and operation.
- Typically requires no previous related experience.
- Good understanding of basic chemistry.
- Good understanding of chromatographic separations.
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic instrumental technologies.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical or microbiological analysis.
- Awareness of quality and regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- Good problem-solving skills and applies a logical approach to solving scientific problems.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as determination of test reliability, analysis of variance, and correlation techniques.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.