Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Scientist, Biophysics and Formulation Development is responsible for characterization of drug formulations to support discovery, lead formulation and early clinical development projects. The incumbent collaborates with formulation, pharmacology and analytical staff to detect and measure key performance indicators of drug formulations through development of standard and novel physicochemical analyses. The incumbent is expected to apply all relevant chemical and/or biophysical techniques to drive optimization of drug formulations and build product knowledge to advance discovery programs and support regulatory filings.
- Contribute to drug discovery process through in-depth analysis of novel formulations, e.g. drug-excipient interactions, physicochemical characterization, formulation variants.
- Testing, characterization and analysis to support formulation research, drug product development and analytical development.
- Detailed characterization of pharmaceutical formulations to detect, quantify and optimize physicochemical indicators of in vitro and/or in vivo performance.
- Development and qualification of biophysical tests to support iterative formulation development campaigns, drug product development/scale-up and technology transfer.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience in preparation and characterization of nanoscale drug delivery systems, particularly lipid-based particles. Related experience in biologics development may be applicable.
- Expert in relevant spectroscopic (e.g., but not limited to: NMR, fluorescence, IR/Raman, XRD) and biophysical techniques (e.g., but not limited to: dynamic and static light scattering, isothermal titration and/or differential scanning calorimetry, surface plasmon resonance).
- Proficient in assay development and qualification suitable to support research stage development through early clinical development of novel formulations.
- Working knowledge of drug development process, in particular regulatory requirements for development of liposome and nanoparticle formulations.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Minimum M. Sc. in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, pharmaceutical science or related field, with 5+ years pharmaceutical industry experience OR Ph. D. in one of the above fields with 2+ years pharmaceutical industry or postdoctoral experience.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.