Canadian National Railway Company
At CN, we work together to move our company-and North America-forward. Be part of our Information & Technology (I&T) team, a critical piece of the engine that keeps us in motion. From enterprise architecture to operational technology, our teams use the agile methodology to automate and digitize our railroad ensuring our operations run optimally and safely and our employees can focus on value-added tasks. You will be able to develop your skills and career in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
For internal candidates, note that the grade level of the position will depend on the employee’s experience.
The SAP PM Functional Product team members support and manage the continuous evolution of both mobility/web solutions connected to SAP PM, and SAP PM based products. They act as a bridge between the business users and other IT department (e.g. software engineering, QA, Architecture, etc.) During project delivery, this person(s) will either act as SME’s on project teams, design application from scratch, modify existing features or find solutions to meet business requirements with commercial packages. They are responsible to come up with creative/innovative solutions and to produce functional design documentation to support the development, quality testing, and sustainability of the SAP PM module across the enterprise.
The SAP PM Designer is responsible for determining and documenting Plant Maintenance design and configuration solutions that translate business needs into development requirements. Your role as a designer would involve understanding business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements, assess delivery complexity, and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals on time and within budget.
- Design, support and enhance both SAP PM module and all mobility/web solutions integrated with SAP PM
- Facilitate workshops or user interviews to collect business requirements and document functional specifications.
- Understands business processes, problems, and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that satisfy business needs that enable the organization to achieve its goals on time and within budget.
- Perform high-level analysis of enhancements (and other backlog items) to assess complexity and delivery estimations (time and cost), for planning purposes.
- Understand business rules, user-system interaction, data models and flows, to ideate and translate concept to begin laying out application design
- Explore design options, taking into consideration existing components and repeatable design patterns
- Work in a team that collaborates with business users and other IT departments to design, customize, configure, test, and support different products (mobile SAP integrated solutions inclusive).
- Provide day-to-day support (identify gaps, investigate defects, and propose work around solutions) for system issues and incidents raised by business users within SLA.
- Provide support and guidance to technical teams for required changes/fixes including but not limited to development, QA automation, other SAP PM Designers, etc.
- Handle changes or emergency transports as needed for high priority and critical issues.
- Proactively identify and propose business process and/or system enhancements that improve solution usability and performance.
- Provide ad-hoc training, training documentations, demo presentation, and user support as required.
- Work self-directed and independently; may act as subject matter expert / mentor to more junior members of the team.
The role may require 100% working from home.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience designing and configuring PM modules.
- Minimum of 5 years of implementation and support experience in SAP Plant Maintenance module as Functional/Configuration Specialist
- Some experience supporting and enhancing web/mobility solutions as a Functional Analyst would be an asset
- Experience in translating business requirements and user stories into solution design
- Proficiency with flowcharting and UML concept and tools (i.e. Visio, Excel, Word)
- Proficiency with JIRA and ServiceNow would be an asset
- Ability to analyse systems and think creatively to build innovative solution
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple deliverables and projects at the same time
- Experience with Agile Software Development Processes and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience within transportation and logistics or any industry with heavy asset management processes is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- SAP ECC PM Certification would be an asset
- S4 Hana PM Certification would be an asset
- Ability to understand business processes from a customer perspective
- Ability to work in a team environment, effectively interacting with others
- Must be results oriented, and demonstrate a “Can-do” attitude – adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Bilingualism with high proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Applies analytical thinking
- Innovates through problem solving
- Knows the business and stays current with industry trends to elevate expertise and work
As a leading North American transportation and logistics company, CN is a true backbone of the economy. With a team of approximately 25,000 railroaders, our focus is on moving both our company and the economy forward. We transport US$200 billion worth of goods annually for a wide range of business sectors from resource to manufactured products to consumer goods, across a 20,000-mile network spanning Canada and mid-America. CN is the only Canadian company listed in the Transportation and Transportation Infrastructure sector of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI). Launched in 1999, the DJSI World represents the gold standard for corporate sustainability. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.