Requisition ID: 272608
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Program (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
SAP Language Experience Lab (LX) is a global team responsible for translating all SAP software products and a variety of internal and customer-facing content into more than 40 languages.
As a member of the LX Dev team in Vancouver, you will work in a dynamic environment and maintain internal systems and applications to support the localization process. In addition, you will help develop our new translation platform in the Cloud. If you have web development skills and want to contribute in developing a worldwide platform and applications that are used internally across SAP and externally across the globe, then this may be the role for you.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – Software Developer Cloud Platform Services, Applications & Products
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Expected start date to end date: May 3, 2021 -December 31, 2021
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
- Develop services and applications that support translation process and workflow automation
- Drive, design, and develop new features by working with other developers and a product owner
- Setup and maintain the auto test framework in an agile and continuous delivery mode
- Iteratively architect (and revise architecture) based on emerging requirements
- Provide estimates for assigned work
- Coordinate testing, integration and documentation of solution
- Monitor and maintain support queues. Provide primary support.
- Perform troubleshooting with respect to system failure in the production environment, including communications with affected users as required.
- Perform knowledge sharing with other developers
- Participate in retrospectives and propose ideas for improving team’s effectiveness and delivery process
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this position is a team player, possesses strong communication skills, and demonstrates a solid understanding of software development practices
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Development experience with Database such as PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- Working experience with data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and quickly understand the existing framework and business requirements
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Very organized with high attention to detail
- Willing and able to work in different technical environments
- Working experience with software automation testing and continuous development models (Jenkins, Selenium, Sonar, JIRA and Git) is an asset
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program which is applicable to the position (computer science or equivalent proven experience). Recent graduates will also be considered.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:[email protected]@sap.com, APJ:[email protected], EMEA:[email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Application Developer, Developer, Cloud, Intern, ERP, Technology, Entry Level