Requisition ID: 274825
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Program:
SAP’s Internship Experience Program (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: SAP iXp Intern, Agile Test Developer – HANA and Analytics
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (please note that roles will be remote until local guidelines ensure safe office reopening)
- Expected start date to end date: May 3, 2021 – December 31, 2021
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will
- Perform tests for product features in a team environment
- Develop new frameworks and tools related to continuous integration, continuous delivery and end-to-end test automation
- Assess new technology projects and tools, or migrate our environments to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
Then you can run better!
- Gain experience in communication and technical skills working with Product Experts and other Agile Developers.
- Develop superior skills in software design, testing and analyzing code, and first-to-market strategy.
- Design and execute test scenarios to fully exercise user stories.
- Employ continuous integration, test driven-development, unit tests, end-to-end automation, risk-analysis, testing best practices.
- Participate in Sprint planning meetings, effectively estimate user stories, commit and execute on team tasks.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Currently in a degree from Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Understanding of databases and web application servers
- Previous internship experience would be an asset
- Seeking students who can commit to for an 8 months full time internship starting May 2020.
- Please state on your cover letter and/or resume how long you can commit for. Please upload your unofficial transcript
- Please submit your cover letter, resume and transcript in one PDF file to the “Resume” field when applying
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:[email protected]@sap.com, APJ:[email protected], EMEA:[email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Analytics, Data Analyst, Intern, ERP, Developer, Management, Entry Level, Data, Technology