Requisition ID: 283014
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for supporting the Sales departments through lead generation. This includes qualification of all inbound and outbound leads via the phone, web, email, corporate events, and direct mail campaigns. The Sales Development Representative is also responsible for event support and proactive lead generation. The Sales Development reps reports to the Market Development Manager.
- Proactively call into accounts ranging from 500 employees to $1 Billion Dollars in revenue by utilizing and maintaining our corporate database
- Partner with Global Sales Executives to develop a given territory and call on targeted account lists, build relationships with key decision-makers to identify project and business needs
- Qualify all inbound and outbound leads
- Overcome objections and effectively communicate Concur’s value propositions to key decision makers such as C-Level executives and Finance leaders regarding appropriate Concur product offerings
- Transfer qualified leads to the appropriate Global Sales Executive for an Executive Overview and formal sales presentation
- Build and maintain strong relationship with sales team through clear communication and follow-up
- Maintain up-to-date and extensive knowledge of all Concur product offerings
- Stay current on industry trends and maintain extensive knowledge of competitor’s product offerings
- Achieve monthly pipeline goals set by sales management
- Actively participate in the innovation of new techniques and strategies for securing new accounts
- Operates under supervision with frequent reviews of work
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies
Education, Experience & Training required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in sales, phone-based lead generation, marketing or business
- 2+ years of experience in phone-based lead generation, inside sales and/or business development activities
- Ability to pass a background check
- Experience with tools such as: Salesforce, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Microsoft Office is strongly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication required
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, and have high energy.
- Must be motivated by cold calling, asking probing questions and gathering information.
- Must be a team player with strong initiative, excellent PC skills and ability to quickly build extensive knowledge of Concur’s product offerings and that of competitors.
Critical Performance Competencies
- Must be able to process information gathered quickly and effectively to overcome objections.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to work aggressively to meet customer and marketing/sales-driven deadlines.
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:[email protected][email protected], APJ:[email protected], EMEA:[email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Developer, Sales Rep, SAP, ERP, Technology, Sales