Requisition ID: 274541
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 – 70%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Analytics Consultant will be a member of our Solution Delivery Center (SDC) organization. The SAP Solution Delivery Centre (SDC) is responsible for driving customer success as ONE SAP by maximizing the adoption of SAP products across industries with accelerated ‘time-to-value’, leveraging global scale and expertise through integrated right shore delivery, focusing on remote, factory services and outcome-based solutions that utilize robust processes and practices. Our team drives value and continuous improvement for our customers using operationally sound processes and basic quality system fundamentals. Providing our consultant’s training, certification, and skill expansion opportunities are key priorities our organization’s success and long-term employee career growth within the SDC.
We are growing a Pittsburgh based near-shore center to expand our delivery capabilities within the North American region. Our desire is to provide SAP’s customers access to the best global network of consultants with expertise in SAP’s latest technologies. The Pittsburgh near shore center will be a sophisticated Service & Knowledge organization providing unique capabilities to SAP’s customers in North America and around the globe.
*SAP is not offering international relocation benefits for this role
*SAP is not offering visa sponsorship for this role
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
In the role of Analytics Consultant, you will possess and can demonstrate the following skills:
- Provide expertise in SAP Analytics solutions, such as SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP BusinessObjects BI platform, BW/4HANA, S/4 Embedded Analytics, HANA EDW and Predictive Analytics
- Configure interfaces for all levels of business users, participate in SAP Business Objects implementation, upgrade and support activities, provide expertise within the area of SAP Business Objects product suite (Web Intelligence, Lumira, Crystal Reports, and Xcelsius Dashboards)
- Ability to independently articulate & define analytics solutions being used by supervisory board, executive committees and client senior management levels
- Ability to lead or participate in business sessions to identify and document analytic use cases.
- Build strong relationships with senior client management based on trust and credibility
- Turn complex business requirements into feasible technical solutions
- Resolving simple to very complex reporting and implementation issues of clients and provide knowledge transfer to customers.
- Support licenses and services sales as well as demand generation
- Good experience with and knowledge of SAP Business Suite and SAP BI Platform
- Experience of consulting in a variety of different industry sectors
- Delivery oriented with the ability to structure the project and deliverables/manage project teams.
- Leverage knowledge of data warehouse and software development methodologies to contribute to the overall planning of projects by recommending approaches, identifying resources, developing timelines and resource estimates.
- Can contribute to the preparation of complex proposals ensuring that client needs are met
- Strong leadership, combined with management communication skills and ability to liaise with top management
- Can effectively hold one-to-one interviews or meetings with client senior management levels
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to travel and be based on client sites when required
- Developing our people and contributing to our practice
- Involvement in client seminars and the production of marketing materials
- Reporting on client project risks and opportunities
- BEX Suite an advantage (Reports and Dashboard Development)
- BOBJ Tools an Advantage (Dashboards, Analysis Office, Design Studio, Lumira)
- Deliver projects as Technical Lead for customers, including support during requirement gathering phase, analysis of system landscape, technical design, and development of interface
- Ability to assist team members in the development and implementation of technical solutions (Implementations, Upgrades and Migrations) and support with ongoing projects
- Deep knowledge and understanding of SAP technologies and methodologies
- Ability to troubleshoot/analyze and resolve technical problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work in a team environment, understand and be responsive to project and customer needs.
- Ability to adapt and function effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment while working under deadlines.
- Build credible relationships with peers and clients, and continuous professional learning of SAP products.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge effectively
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in: Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or similar degree.
- Minimum of 5+ years of previous experience working across a range of implementations, upgrade and migration projects
- Minimum of 5+ years in SAP Business Objects (Platform and Reporting)
- Minimum of 3+ years in SAP Business Warehouse
- Minimum of 1+ years in Analytics Cloud
- Minimum of 2+ years of SAP ABAP Development
- Expert experience in SAP Analytics Cloud/Digital Boardroom with multiple project implementations
- Ability to lead and facilitate design workshops (Blueprint), assessments, planning sessions i.e. demonstrate leadership experience in upfront projects
- Experience with Business Intelligence solutions using SAP BusinessObjects / SAP NetWeaver BW or SAP HANA platforms
- Experience with gathering business requirements related to enterprise reporting, KPIs, metrics and dashboards
- Experience designing and implementing reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets
- Experience with BW on HANA modelling or native HANA modelling
- Experience with designing security for BI, HANA and data level
- Hands on expertise in BI client tools with knowledge of the portfolio of SAP BI solutions (Dashboards, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Visual Studio, Analysis for Office, Analysis for OLAP, Explorer, Visual Intelligence, BEx, Query Design, etc.)
- Experience in Data Services and SAP EIM suite of products
- Designing and building data models
- Data Extraction and Loading from the source system to the target data marts / data warehouse used for reporting
- Experience with Data Cleansing using Data Quality functions (or experience with SAP Data Quality products)
- At least 2 SAP BW/BOBJ full lifecycle implementations including data modeling, BI Platform Administration, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience implementing solutions using BW, BEx & BOBJ
- SAP BI/BW/BOBJ/HANA certifications are a plus
- Experience in SCRUM or SAP ACTIVATE (or any other equivalent) project implementation methodology
- Experience of working in large landscapes/environments/customers
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:[email protected]@sap.com, APJ:[email protected], EMEA:[email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Analytics, SAP, Engineer, ERP, Data, Management, Technology, Engineering