Under general direction of the Manager, IT Ongoing Support Team, the Salesforce Developer will assist in the customization, data quality and training projects for a customized and complex Salesforce.com implementation. In carrying out these responsibilities, they will execute some traditional system administrator activities (such as user maintenance, simple configuration, ad hoc reporting, training etc.) and will also be responsible for supporting the day to day needs of implementing new business practices utilizing Salesforce.com. They may also liaise with other IT group members in order to support inquiries and projects related to non-Salesforce systems and platforms.
A technical/IT background is a strong advantage, but the Administrator can come from a variety of other backgrounds, including sales, sales operations, marketing, support, channel management. What matters most is that the candidate be familiar with the Salesforce.com platform, and be able to apply those capabilities with the company’s business processes and the client requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide expertise within Salesforce.com to include, but not limited to the following: Application Administration:
- Provide day-to-day end user support of the CRM application to all levels of the organization
- Create and manage user accounts and groups including security configuration
- Add, inactivate, freeze, and delete and modify users as employees are hired, transferred or leave the organization
- Create and manage custom objects, fields and formulas
- Develop and maintain validation rules and custom workflows
- Complete bulk imports and exports of data
- Regularly perform database de-duping and cleanup procedures
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users
- Create and refine reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
- Assist users and stakeholders with analytics and report design and management
- Manage and implement best practices for creating and refreshing sandboxes and migration of data/metadata
- Participate in the integration process of the CRM system with other enterprise systems
Process Discovery and Enhancements:
- Successfully partner with internal customers at all levels, ranging from leadership to end-users, to identify and address areas of improvement, additional functionality, training and support
- Determine, document and communicate user and system requirements, processes and standard procedures
- Work with leadership to leverage the application to support additional business processes or functions
Integration and Collaboration:
- Collaborate with other business units that share the salesforce.com instance
- Partner with other divisions within company to ensure successful collaboration and sharing of procedures, processes, knowledge and more
- Developing and helping to enforce master data management and governance
Training & User Adoption:
- Develop training materials and documentation, keep materials up-to-date, coordinate new user and ongoing training sessions
- Manage and communicate a schedule for future releases/enhancements
- Monitor user adoption rates and respond as needed (additional training sessions, communication, modifications, or other resources) to improve adoption
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Normally requires four (4) to six (6) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Normally requires four (4) to six (6) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- At least two years experience serving as a Salesforce.com administrator is required.
- Proficient in data management. Experience with Data Loader and other data scrubbing and reporting tools strongly preferred.
- Experience with the Salesforce API is preferred.
- 2 years experience with Apex and Visualforce development is preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounts, leads, opportunities and contacts.
- Experience understanding and analyzing business needs, designing solutions based on needs, documenting functional requirements and assessing business impact.
- Experience with systems development lifecycle (SDLC) and system management processes, including requirements management, design, configuration and user acceptance testing.
- Strong team player with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and detail orientation with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (bilingual in English/French an advantage).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of computers necessary to operate effectively with company systems and programs.
- Salesforce.com Administrator and Developer certifications are preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce Lighting and building Lightning Components an advantage