The Clorox Company of Canada, Ltd.
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
As member of the Canadian Professional Products (PPD) team, the PPD Sales Planning Lead will have a significant impact on the PPD business by delivering sales plans, tools, expertise and collateral that drive top and bottom line results. Position reports directly into the Sr. National Sales Manager, Customer Capabilities and indirectly into the BT / Studio Lead – PPD.
The SPM crafts sales promotion strategies and tactics for PPD to achieve our commitments to the organization based on a strong understanding of our corporate strategies, our product portfolio, our end user needs, as well as what sales needs to be successful.
The PPD Sales Planning Lead is accountable for delivering the annual business targets across all PPD channels (ie. Janitorial/Sanitation, Healthcare, Out of Home)
The PPD SPM champions a Work Together to Win and Entrepreneur attitude across the PPD Business Team, and broader Clorox organization, by fostering and sustaining high level, collaborative cross-functional relationships to drive PPD short and long term corporate goals.
As a key member of the PPD team, the SPM is a key contributor to the short and long-term strategies that will maximize PPD’s profitable growth.
- Develops, maintains and deploys all sales materials including business plans, selling stories, fact sheets, collateral price lists, etc. Ensures all elements are delivered on time and on budget. Manages PPD sales promotion budget (eg TFI)
- Leads sales promotional activities and owns trade funds strategy development, execution and evaluation.
- Supports the Development of brand focused opportunities including promotions, partnerships or agreements with end users, distributors and operators.
- Owns and becomes the Subject Matter Expert on current tools and processes to optimize sales execution . In addition, analyzes data to identify opportunities for improvement and account penetration.
- Works with the PPD National Sales Manager to completes on going analysis of business results VS budget. Identifies gaps and opportunities, the key drivers behind them, and recommends action plans to address them.
- Derives meaningful end-user insights from in-field work and other insights sources and supports the translation of insights into business building plans to drive End user/Operator/Distributor conversion to expand usage of Clorox PPD’s portfolio of products, as well as identify and support the execution of new PPD strategic channel/vertical opportunities (i.e Out of Home).
- Develops and executes communication to field sales regarding new products, promotions, best practices as well as relevant industry news.
- Participates on new item development teams providing the voice for the sales function. Responsible for developing and deploying launch plans to field sales.
- Builds and develops relationships with US PPD Sales Planning team and leverage their experience, resources, and infrastructure to capitalize on synergies across sales initiatives, participates on relevant meetings and initiatives.
- Works with internal groups to ensure that PPD customers are properly serviced and deals with the right department when issues arise (i.e.allocation, shorts, report errors, etc)
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- 5+ years sales experience/sales planning or trade marketing or equivalent
- Experience with professional use environments such as healthcare, Janitorial/Sanitation products or institutional markets desired as is experience with cleaning products.
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a small team structure
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with particular focus on presentation skills
- Ability to influence and educate a broad range of personalities & managerial levels
- Strong independent planning & organization skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Role requires potential business travel approximately~10% of the time
Bachelor’s Degree, College Diploma, or Equivalent (Required), Master’s Degree (MA, MS, MBA)
More about Sales
Our high-performance team is responsible for the merchandising, assortment, pricing and shelving of our products. We use our extensive understanding of consumers, product categories and markets to help grow our retail customers’ businesses, drive profits and increase our consumer base.
More About Clorox
TheClorox Company(NYSE:CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,800 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2020 sales of$6.7 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products;
- Liquid-Plumr®clog removers
- Poett®home care products
- Fresh Step®cat litter
- Glad®bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley®dressings and sauces
- Brita®water-filtration products;Burt’s Bees®natural personal care products
- RenewLife®digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality™ and NeoCell® dietary supplements.
The company also markets industry-leading products and technologies for professional customers, including those sold under the CloroxPro™ and Clorox Healthcare® brand names. Nearly 80% of the company’s sales are generated from brands that hold theNo. 1or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiters via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.
Clorox Canada was founded in 1972. It is a team of 400 employees with the head office located in Brampton and two additional manufacturing facilities. Our iconic brands are: Clorox, Green Works, PineSol, Kingsford, Hidden Valley, K C Masterpiece, Brita, Glad, Burt’s Bees and Renew Life. You can visit our website at: https://cloroxofcanada.ca/