We are looking for you, a talented leader, to join our team as a Sales Operations Director because you are passionate about the needs of our customers, our business and our team members. TELUS Business Solutions Sales, Mid-market Ontario is laser-focused is on enabling Canadian businesses to thrive through the power of the Internet; we make technology secure, simple, and worry-free. As a team we are focused on delivering success by using a customer first lens for strategy development, intelligence gathering, lead generation, and marketing and sales execution
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales, Mid-market Ontario, in this role you will be a member of the Sales Leadership Team and own end to end responsibility for business strategy, planning and control functions, forecasting and territory planning, and compensation support.
- Cultivate & inspire a highly engaged team of professionals focused on driving business growth & customer value
- Develop strong interlock across Finance, Reporting, Marketing and Sales teams
- Contribute to the development of an annual sales compensation strategy and ensure that the compensation program is executed as designed to meet TBS business objectives
- Own the annual sales territory design to ensure an optimal coverage of account executives to customers
- Own the dissemination of VP level sales targets to the director, manager and account executive level
- Forecasting, budget setting and monitoring Opex ensuring adherence to targets.
- Analyze sales performance and activity data to identify trends, manage outliers and make necessary adjustments to achieve sales objectives
- Provide a pulse on competitor performance & market trends
- Premier Sales Organization (PSO) culture leader: inspire team to embrace PSO principles and apply these principles in every customer interaction throughout their sales career journey
- Project execution excellence and achieving results in a complex and ambiguous environment
- Channel sustainability – accelerate Mid-Market performance through targeted development & support streams focused on quantifiable growth strategies supported by data
- Develop interlock in critical business planning processes across the business
- With an inclusive, collaborative, and consensus-building style, actualize the potential of the team in order to achieve results
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Financial acumen. Strong capability in understanding key financial concepts, P&L, and CAPEX/OPEX processes. Can leverage facts and data to make critical decisions about the business
- Deep understanding of sales and marketing at TELUS or other large organizations
- 7-10 years of experience leading customer-facing team members
- Valued for your record of successfully managing multiple, concurrent initiatives and priorities and delivering on commitments
- Intermediate knowledge of integrated solutions, including 3rd Wave products related to the mid-market segment
- Exceptional communicator, influencer and negotiator, able to build and maintain effective partnerships internally and externally with all stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Solid foundation of performance development principles including strong coaching methodology and ability to apply coaching principles in a range of challenging team scenarios
- Expertly sees the big picture and has a demonstrated ability to prioritize what matters most to help drive results
- University degree and ideally, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.