Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This a unique position at Manulife in the Canadian Wealth and Asset Management Division which includes both the Manufacturing of Retail and Institutional Investment Products as well as the Distribution through Financial Advisors and Group Retirement. The incumbent will have access to investment data with the mandate of analyzing the data to find new opportunities for the businesses, to create and manage BI and analytic solutions to turn data into knowledge. This role will appeal to individuals with a passion for discovering insights, solving real problems using data and taking initiative.
The Business Intelligence Analyst has two major areas of responsibility:
Develops and generates reporting and dashboard development, and production support of delivered solutions for Investment Sales and Product teams,
Provide in-depth analysis of data in conjunction with key initiatives and strategy within the organization.
The Business Intelligence Analysts are critical roles within the business. They provide data and information analysis support to the management, product teams and sales representatives to assess how sales tactics are being executed and to what degree those tactics are gaining traction (success). They work with the Product and Sales Leadership teams and Senior Management to recommend and implement reporting and intelligence to better track advisor interactions and relationship attributes solutions to help drive business strategy and create process efficiencies.
Develops and generates reporting and data visualization
- Design, prepare and distribute effective and concise management and senior management reporting/dashboard
- Develop ad hoc value-added reporting based on requests and requirements from management, internal and external business partners.
- Following reporting standards will be monitored to ensure expected customer satisfaction:
- Visual Appeal
- Compliant with privacy and confidentiality guidelines
- Concise process documentation
- Reports will be used for the following purposes:
- Strategic planning and goal setting
- Tactical decisions
- Compensation and recognition
- Conduct ongoing needs assessment interviews with customers to determine reporting requirements and test/validate all developed reporting. Look for opportunities to streamline and consolidate reporting effectiveness.
- Additional functions include building executing and maintaining queries and spreadsheets.
- Act as a central information resource and liaison for Retail Sales to internal and external business partners for sales and activity reporting and MIS.
- As a member of the team this role is required to participate in projects that support new reporting.
- Transfer knowledge to the teams/departments through coaching/consulting.
- Review report requirements with the requestor to ensure a full understanding of the needs in order to build the report in an accurate and timely manner. Negotiate delivery dates with Clients based on the complexity of the report.
2. Provide in-depth analysis of data used for strategy and business initiatives
- Prepare in-depth analysis and commentary for major initiatives on the sales and activity such as:
- Trend analysis
- Segmentation and personas
- Return on investments
- This role will need to recognize and extract relevant information required for analysis, reporting and visualization.
- Reviews the productivity model to determine alignment with business strategy, makes recommendations for enhancements.
- Partners with other internal divisions (e.g. Finance, Marketing Research) or external vendors.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree in Business, Economics, or Mathematics is recommended
- 2 years’ experience in Investment: Mutual Funds, ETFs, Financial Advice, Institutional Markets, Retirement Solutions
- Experience in sales processes as it pertains to financial advisors and investors
- Familiar with Agile concept and methodologies
- Strong query knowledge (Excel, Access, MS Office, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI (DAX)
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Superior analytical and statistical acumen
- Knowledge of Einstein Analytics is an asset
- Knowledge of Salesforce Lightning is an asset
- Proven excellence in communication- both verbal and written
- Solid understanding of the upstream admin systems and downstream impacts to other areas
- Strong team player with a high commitment to quality work and service
- Establish a high level of peer trust and confidence and maintain positive customer relationships
- Good negotiation and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner
- Highly motivated and driven, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work directly with senior management contacts within Manulife
- Flexible and creative to solve customer needs and assignments as assigned
- Ability to develop positive internal business relationships and contacts
- Always looking for ways to make continuous improvements
- Positive attitude and willingness for continuous learning of new technologies
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected]