See why Selling Power magazine has consistently ranked Ecolab as a top company to sell for! Ecolab is seeking driven B2B sales professionals to join the Canadian commercial Pest Elimination Solutions Sales team. As a Sales Development Manager you will build & grow profitable client relationships with commercial businesses to protect their brand, their facilities, and the health and safety of their employees and customers. You will drive sales and attain budget goals by leveraging prospecting, cold calling, and networking skills to target market segments including Food and Beverage Plants, Food Service Facilities, Health Care (acute, and non-acute), Lodging, Manufacturing, Distribution Centres, Educations (Private and Post-Secondary), Property Management, etc. to offer the most effective B2B pest elimination programs in Canada . The new accounts you acquire will be aligned to our service team which is responsible for delivering the solutions and programs you sell.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive salary and benefits with guaranteed commissions for 1 year while you learn from successful professionals
- Company vehicle for business and personal use
- Fantastic opportunity for long term, advanced career growth in sales or sales management
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will plan and manage your own schedule
- Access to world-class resources, tools, and technology
- Grow your income as you drive sales through commission and bonus programs
What You Will Do:
- Prospect, Target, and Develop an opportunity from cold-calling to securing the partnership while establishing a great rapport with newly gained customers to achieve annual new business sales goals
- Discover sales opportunities and implement sales strategies
- Partner with our service team, corporate account team, and inter-company partners to implement best practices to solve customer’s pest problems
- Build rapport and cultivate relationships with customers and co-workers through professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Provide outstanding customer service by leading and educating customers throughout the sales process
- Keep informed of Ecolab product / service offerings and industry conditions to enhance successful customer outcomes
- To start, you will have the advantage of Ecolab’s world class paid training program designed to provide you the tools and resources to be one of the best in your field. Our 5 week training program will include paid travel to Ecolab Corporate Headquarters in Saint Paul, Minnesota for portions of the training.
- May be required to travel 10-15% of the time within regional market(s)
This territory will cover Metro Vancouver including Whistler Vancouver Island and the Okanagan Region . Candidates should reside within Vancouver area and be willing to travel 2 nights per month.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience ( minimum. 3 years of proven success in business to business sales or Ecolab experience = 1 year of post-secondary education)
- Clear and Demonstrable understanding, experience, and application of Sales Management (Selling Pipeline, and Selling Cycle Process)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Home office with internet access capability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Must be able to read and write in English- ability to professionally and communicate clearly to internal and external customers (including c-level addressees)
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- 3 years of demonstrated proven results in business to business commercial sales or equivalent Ecolab experience
- Experience using and managing a CRM (ie. SalesForce.com) as part of sales activity
- Pest elimination and / or aforementioned segments selling experience preferred
- Excellent organization / time management skills
- Proven relationship management and consulting skills
- Problem-solving ability to determine customer solutions
- Proven negotiation & presentation expertise
- Strong self-motivation & drive for results
About Ecolab Pest Elimination:
Learn how scientifically proven protocols help eliminate pests through 3.6 million customer visits annually. Ecolab Pest Elimination provides solutions to prevent and eliminate all types of pests in commercial buildings, food processing plants, food retail, foodservice, and many other markets. By partnering with our customers in these markets, you will have the opportunity to help protect their facilities, employees, and brands at a time when it’s more important than ever.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.