About the role:
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, dreams in numbers, listens actively and thinks about the needs of customers first. If you eat, breathe, sleep helping connect solutions with customers and have a passion for collaboration and results, we’d like to hear from you. The fast track to advancing your career in software sales is here!
What you’ll be doing:
Your job as a sales specialist is to get the sales process moving by reviewing and validating the information that our interested customers have shared. You’ll establish a solid foundation on which a beneficial, long-term relationship can be built. You will have a portfolio of solutions and based on the information you collect, will craft a customized software package for each prospect. Your day to day activity will consist of calling or emailing interested clients and helping to support them by facilitating their access to the most appropriate Blackbaud solution. You will leverage other members of the sales team, internal and external resources, and partners to create the most effective and seamless process for the customer. A positive, enthusiastic attitude along with strong results can move you up the ladder quickly. You’ll work closely with our sales teams and local management and this role will set you on your way to becoming a field sales representative.
- Qualifying, pursuing and closing net new sales opportunities for specific solutions
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Using/maintaining internal sales tools (salesforce.com) for CRM, data health management, and pipeline management
- Engaging with technical, account management and/or executive team members in complex sales scenarios
- Developing client proposals that effectively communicate our products and offer customized solutions for each unique organization
- Ongoing, self-directed monitoring of marketplace and competitor developments
- Deep understanding of marketing and sales enablement resources
- Regular communication and feedback to internal working teams to facilitate product and process improvements
Experience and Skills:
- 1+ years of direct SaaS tele-prospecting experience (experience w/ tele-prospecting software is a plus (demandbase, SalesLoft, etc.)
- 2+ years of software sales (SaaS) experience OR equivalent nonprofit industry experience, preferably in Canada
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of sales methodologies (i.e. value selling, target account selling, solutions selling, strategic selling)
- Results-oriented with a proven history of consistent achievement of sales goals
- Ability to thrive in a competitive environment and to adapt to change easily
- Highly pro-active and disciplined to manage time effectively
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Proven relationship building skills
- Experienced with salesforce.com or similar CRM, web conferencing tools, expert-level proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience working for or volunteering with a nonprofit or nonprofit board experience
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.