Sales, Business Development Manager – Precision Diagnosis Solution (Canada)
The Business Development Manager (BDM) PDS is a strong salesperson with hunter mentality who can identify prospect accounts and promote and sell the entire portfolio of Philips Precision Diagnosis Solution and drive prospects to closure business. In addition, the person will drive highest customer satisfaction in existing accounts and have a high degree of original, out of the box thinking. The objective of this position is to provide leadership for rapid market penetration of the Precision Diagnosis Solutions.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Blend your key account management and market business development talents together to be fully responsible for the sales of Philips Precision Diagnosis Solution, as well as to develop opportunities with potential interested prospects. In this unique role, you will sell solutions to a target segment of the Canada market in addition to working to identify, investigate, and develop business planning for further market introduction. Formulate new sales/business development solutions by integral, original thinking and adds new sales/business development concepts/elements to his sub discipline. Combines abstract ideas at a high conceptual level and generates new types of solutions. Formulates, as a recognized authority in sales/business development, solutions across multiple disciplines to effectively achieve goals together. Builds actively networks with key contacts in- and outside Philips for his specialism to keep abreast of new developments/insights.
You are responsible for:
- Driving business strategy creation and execution for a specific Business in the Market,
- Driving demand generation and ensuring that business performance is being delivered according to KPIs such as yearly sales, order intake, market shares, Integral Gross Margin (IGM), A&P, Integral Sales Margin (ISM) and marketing ROI.
- Developing local go-to-market strategies (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning, Portfolio definition, pricing, and promotion) to drive profitable growth, in line with Quality & Regulatory requirements
- Together with BG BU determining product portfolio for the Markets, setting up and executing roadmaps for the introduction of new products or updates and the phasing-out of existing products in such a way that an optimal product portfolio is available.
- Maintaining full knowledge in all aspects of assigned Business. Educating team members on the strengths and weaknesses of Philips products compared to the industry. Providing business with local insights about markets, competition and trends. Maintaining and monitors the install-base and aging inventory.
- Understanding customer requirements and providing consultancy solutions for their needs. Assessing the customer’s business model, analyzes their strengths and weaknesses and identifies solutions. Knowing the customer’s vision, values, roadmap, business plan and budget.
- Collaborating with the Account Manager, negotiating solutions and closing deals emphasizing total value of Philips story.
- Working with District sales Leaders to develop overall sales plan to accurately forecast possible deals for the year and ensure order volume and revenue targets are met.
- Developing and owning strategies for customers that will achieve business growth targets.
- Generating new business ideas through independent scouting of internal and external sources, thus adding to the pipeline of unqualified business opportunities, which are out of scope for the existing Business Lines.
- Determines the attractiveness of identified business ideas and prepares proposals as business case, to show the potential of the business case and further internal discussion.
- Supports the implementation of a business plan with market research and product/market specifications.
- Ensuring continuity of the relationship with the accounts and operating at the highest level in the accounts’ organizations; facilitating the executive level interfaces between the company and the accounts as needed
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Hunter mentality
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience, or Master’s degree with 5+ years of related experience in capital/medical equipment or IT sales
- 5+ years of progressive sales experience in a high technology medical environment, with proven record of achievements along with superior negotiation and sales closure skills.
- Consultative customer approach, with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationship with customers. Executive presence and strong presentation skills; experience working with C-Suite
- Superior communication (written, verbal and listening) paired with impeccable interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical equipment and its applications. Health IT or IT background, preferred
- Business acumen with the ability to contribute to the development and execution of strategic plans.
- Bilingual capabilities in English and French, preferred.
- Possessing the drive and persistency to overcome obstacles are paramount to success in this position.
Canadian work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa. Relocation is not available for this opportunity.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click theForgot Passwordbutton on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. Incaseoftechnicaldifficulties with the website,pleasesendanemailto[email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)