NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: RTE/ Program Manager
Location: Waterloo, CA
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is responsible for implementing the Scaled Agile methodology across a Portfolio of programs to improve and ensure business value meets or exceeds stakeholder expectations. This includes ensuring programs are aligned within the Agile processes, are appropriately prioritized and resourced, and tracked for delivery. Responsible for preparing teams for Program Increment Planning, Lead Scrum of Scrums across all products, identify and resolve program impediments. Provide program, product and agile methodology leadership and support to the product Teams (Product Owner, Scrum Master and Delivery Team members) who are responsible for delivering Business Driven Features and Non-Functional requirements.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Coordinate and facilitate the Program Increment across the various scrum teams and Agile Release Trains.
- Provide PI summaries and monitor the execution through regular reports and metrics. Host regular status meetings with ART leadership and executives.
- Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings.
- Coach leaders, teams and Scrum Masters in lean agile practices and mindsets.
- Manage risks and dependencies.
- Track and manage impediments, escalating whenever necessary.
- Collaborate with various RT leaders and encourage an environment with close collaboration between teams.
- Work with Product Management, Architects and customers to align Roadmap and strategy.
- Foster communities of practice across RTEs, Agile Coaches and SMs in the Product Portfolio.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and drive relentless improvement through inspect and Adapt workshops
- A University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline or equivalent in experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Scrum/Agile experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach or Release Train Engineer.
- Experience working within an Agile process, maybe even working on a scaled agile project with multiple scrum teams
- Experience coaching and training teams on Agile principles.
- Good skills and knowledge of openness, servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience generating Metrics and Reports and analyzing data to identify opportunities to increase the agile maturity level.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Cloud/SAAS, PaaS development experience especially with cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Google Cloud.
- Knowledge with Open source technologies including Cassandra, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- Experience working with high volume transaction systems.
- Experience with developing software for Financial Institutions.
- Professional Certification:
- Scrum Master Certification
- SAFe / Scaled Agile certification
- PMI-Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification
- Masters Certificate in PM through curriculum that teaches from PMI PMBOK ANSI Standard
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.