Job Number: 12858
Group: Cosma International
Division: Massiv Automated Systems
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Robotic Technician will be responsible for completing the setup and installation of robots from a single robot to multiple robot cells. Successful candidates will possess programming capability, as well as have demonstrated experience with good troubleshooting and startup support. Promoting good communication within the robotic department as well as other departments to ensure a quality product is essential. Robot programmer will ensure all equipment is in a working order and will assist and train other robot techs as required.
- Support existing and develop new robot templates and platforms
- Work closely with Robotic supervisor and department leads on continuous improvement; in order to maintain competitive edge in the automotive industry
- Setup structure for robot programs and overall architecture
- Maintain and support departments developments and documents
- Program robot paths, set up program structure and implement offline programming
- Configure robot IO, weld interface and program call
- Anticipate and solve robotic problems (troubleshoot)
- Work closely with Robotic Supervisor regarding projects, monitoring workload and deadlines
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and specifications
- Minimum three (3) years of hands-on experience programming robots. (Fanuc Robots essential, Kuka and/or Motoman would be an asset)
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate from a Mechatronics; Automation and Robotics Technician; Robotics and Industrial Automation or similar applicable course.
- Previous experience with Fanuc Karel or Pascal programming language
- Experience in robotic servo resistance welding, arc welding and material handling is required
- Excellent understanding of robotic coordinate systems.
- Some exposure to Offline Simulation
- Working knowledge of communication protocols (Enet, Dnet and Profinet)
- Good understanding of robot program flow and programming theories
- Good understanding robot safety setup, familiar with CSA Z434 and RIA robotic safety standards
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Excellent mathematical and organizational skills
- Office and shop floor environment
- Overtime hours will be required
- Day, overnight and extended travel required to customers sites
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.