Please note that this posting has been written in the masculine form solely to shorten the text. We promote diversity and encourage all people with the skills mentioned in this posting to apply for this position.
Danone Canada is looking for Retail Development Specialist in Quebec.
As part of this position, you will be accountable for:
Mission: As a Retail Development for Danone, you will be responsible of an assigned territory (Estrie-Beauce), the achievement of objectives, including Danone visibility and product availability, sales targets, the improvement of Danone’s brands positioning, the customer frequency coverage, the implementation of priorities and initiatives of customer business teams, and the rate of introduction of new products.
- Identify and create sales opportunities following the analysis of customer needs.
- Build strong mutually beneficial relationships and to be able to maintain a strong business focus and consumer understanding
- Review and compare prices, retail margins and the competitors’ activities, on a regular basis.
- Interpret data store (POS) as well as those of the, to increase both sales of existing programs and create additional sales opportunities.
- Proactively manage and negotiate product visibility on display and on the shelves.
- Be creative, think outside the box and be a team player who is not afraid to share and learn from others (we draw inspiration from each other).
- Influencing preorders in store.
- Plan, prioritise and organise your own work and monitor progress vs target to ensure objectives are delivered on time and in full
- Cover your territory effectively and perform administrative tasks (current management).
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- University degree in business administration or another relevant field
- Previous experience that includes transferable skills to a Field Sales role. Field sales experience is not necessary but could be an advantage
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
- Great interest in the consumer goods market, its banners and its competitors
- Communication, customer orientation and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and manage time and priorities
- Flexibility, positive attitude, respect for the work ethic
- Good knowledge of sales techniques and ability to persuade with facts and figures
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Lives in the territory
You are looking for fulfillment? We are looking for you!
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Danone Canada’s ambition is to produce healthful dairy, plant-based products and coffee creamers and beverages; create economic and social value; and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Its portfolio of brands includes Activia®, Oikos®, DanActive®, Danone®, Silk® plant-based foods and beverages, So Delicious®
Danone promotes the advancement and development of its staff, which is why we offer the opportunity for Danone employees to grow within the company, anywhere in the world. We believe that to grow our resources is a fundamental asset for achieving sustainable performance.