Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
While Halifax is our perferred location, we are open to candidates working within other locations across Atlantic Canada.
As a Resource Analyst on our Operations team, you will have an integral role in Grant Thornton’s success by strategically creating exceptional engagement teams for our clients and colleagues. You will do this by matching skillsets and industry experience while considering deadlines and balancing workloads fairly among the whole team.
As a Resource Analyst on our Operations team, you will:
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving and decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Count strong organizational skills and attention to detail as some of your super powers
- Thrive juggling competing priorities while working under pressure
- Love persevering to find solutions by deconstructing data and reports to come up with creative solutions, proactively and reactively
- Are happy to go the extra mile to build relationships with your colleagues
- Have the ability to learn and understand our business and use analytical thinking to make decisions effectively
- Take initiative and direction and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Have the ability to be two steps ahead and anticipate needs, changes and challenges before they arise
- Are comfortable working with all team members on scheduling, decision making and execution of processes in place
- Can communicate clearly, effectively and with confidence face to face and in writing
Some of your day to day tasks will include:
- Connecting with people from all of our offices across Atlantic Canada to accurately update and maintain schedules in our scheduling software in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and maintaining an email account where all scheduling requests are funneled and processed.
- Responding and resolving scheduling requests in a timely manner and facilitate conflict resolution with those impacted.
- Working closely with a dynamic team including a Resource Manager and other Scheduling Coordinators in Atlantic Canada on prioritization of tasks and projects
- Providing administrative, reporting and project support to the Resource Manager and other Scheduling Coordinators as required.
- Leading internal projects as assigned by Resource Manager
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Resource Analyst? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Post-secondary education
• Minimum 2 years working experience in an office environment, ideally in professional services
• Experience in resource planning or employee scheduling would be considered an asset
• Proficiency with MS office suite, particularly MS Excel
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel occasionally to some of our locations in Atlantic Canada.
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?