Headquartered on the South Shore of Montreal, just steps from Quartier Dix30, Techo-Bloc is the leader in product innovation in its industry. Our pavers, retaining walls and masonry materials are a model of beauty, quality and durability. As we strive for continuous improvement, we are constantly engaging in new challenges, products and niches to remain at the forefront of our industry.
Techo-Bloc’s Research and Development (R & D) Team is growing and we are looking for a highly motivated team member with strong work ethic and a go-getter, self-starter attitude to oversee the entire development process of new products from the initial research to prototyping phase to production. In this role, the Research & Development Project Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Assist Project Managers & the R&D Team with successful full cycle completion of assigned projects from research to prototyping to product/new equipment launch;
- Manage and Operate R&D Lab regarding product development and new material testing (In field, hands-on work);
- Assist Project Manager & R&D Team in factory upgrades;
- Assist in identifying material/equipment required for projects;
- Assist and lead research related to product development & machine/equipment upgrades;
- Contact and obtain raw materials, automation & manufacturing equipment from suppliers;
- Ensure proper follow up on lead times & quotes from suppliers;
- Ensure that budgets and deadlines are met with internal and external teams;
- Coordinate and plan activities related to implementation of new or modified existing projects;
- Become a knowledgeable resource for all projects assigned in order to provide Post-Implementation support and follow-ups;
- Create general operational procedures to kickstart new projects in the factories;
- Provide training to employees on new projects;
- Assist in providing innovative ideas and solutions for problems that arise;
- Remain up to date with industry trends and technologies.
- D.E.C Pre-University or Technical/Career Programs related to the fields of Technology, Sciences, Project Management, Engineering, Instrumentation or bachelor’s degree related to the fields of Technology, Sciences, Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a project coordinating role.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the concrete industry is a plus.
- Strong leadership and communication skills. A combination of analytical and hands on delivery experience is critical.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Quick learner and able to find the required information/documentation when necessary.
- Ability to travel (20% of the time).
- Proficient in Office suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Ability to learn new software applications such as Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft Projects.
- Excellent research skills (develop appropriate methods to answer research objectives, conduct appropriate analyses and communicate findings efficiently).
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast and growing environment with many competing priorities and deadlines.
- An overall interest and passion in learning and absorbing new information.
- Ability to be autonomous, proactive and creative.
- This is a physically demanding position. You will be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (23kg).
- Master problem solver.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with all colleagues.
Your contribution is very precious to us, just like the stones we produce. Techo-Bloc fosters a culture of innovation where everyone brings a special touch to his/her field of expertise. The company is growing, your ideas and your talents are required to contribute to the development of the prestigious brand image that Techo-Bloc has developed over the years. You Will Have The Opportunity To
- Live at the center of a creative movement that cares a lot about your opinion
- Develop your skills and grow • Have a dynamic job and an evolving career path
- Have competitive compensation and several benefits as well as a bonus program.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.