About the Company
Alta Genetics Inc. is a major livestock genetic improvement source for the world. Our focus is on our core business of livestock semen reproduction and artificial insemination, through the sale of quality genetic products and breeding services. Efficient marketing methods together with world class sire programs, Alta is aggressively pursuing the opportunities with today’s progressive dairy operations. Our core strategy is to maintain a leading position in technology innovation aimed at increasing milk through genetic improvement.
Alta has an immediate opening in our Balzac, Alberta office for an experienced SQL Programmer/ Reporting Analyst. Working within a small team with other similar skillsets, this person will be responsible for ongoing support, enhancements and new development of SSRS reporting solutions and associated databases. This role will report to Alta’s Director of global Information Services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Microsoft Certifications in SQL Server development
- Proven track record of ongoing training and certifications.
- 5 to10 years relevant industry experience
- Proven SSRS report development experience, including deployment methodologies
- SQL Server programming – stored procedures, views, tables, indexes
- Visual Studio Team Services for source code management
- Experience with MS Access, VBA and Visual Basic.
- Working ability with ASP.Net
- Applications development utilizing back-end databases in multi-tiered architectures
- Ability to work closely with end-users and team members
- Analytical and decision-making skills, above-average communication skills with the ability to write and edit business and technical documents, the ability to resolve escalated problems quickly and efficiently, proven success in handling conflicting demands and priorities effectively, proactive approach to resolving technical problems.
- Any experience working with an ERP system such as JD Edwards would be an asset
Alta Genetics Inc. offers competitive benefits for employees including:
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage plans
- Group Registered Saving Plan
- Tuition and training reimbursement