*DUE TO COVID WE ARE CURRENTLY FULLY REMOTE AND OPEN TO CANDIDATES INTERNATIONALLY*
At Lighthouse Labs we aim to empower the future workforce to master the craft of software development and data science. Are you an Intermediate-Senior level full-stack Developer or Data Scientist and a natural teacher who loves sharing knowledge and the idea of making a difference in the lives of professionals? If this sounds like you we’d love to chat about our mentoring opportunities!
What You’ll be Doing
Based on your experience, expertise and availability we’ll match you with one of our programs. You’ll either be helping students in our Bootcamps and Introductory programs or mentoring junior developers and junior data scientists throughout their first few years on the job. Helping to create a solid foundation through training. We structure our teaching opportunities so you can be as passive or active as you like, working anywhere from 1-35+ hours a week from the comfort of your own home or wherever you sit down to work. We are looking for applicants who are available to work during hours 9-8pm EST.
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities
What we offer:
- A consistent time commitment that works around your current job/ freelancing gigs/ side projects/ startup. (We want you to keep working in the industry and contributing to the community!)
- Working alongside our community of 200+ tech professionals who mentor with us while also working at leading companies and startups
- Hourly compensation varies depending on experience and program fit
Mentors don’t need to have had formal training. They also don’t need to come in knowing every technology out there. We’ll match your expertise to the different tech stacks the interns will be working in.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in software development (focus in web development) or data science
- More examples include but are not limited to;
- Have strong sense of open source development workflows using tools such as Github and Project Management tools
- Teaching/mentoring/tutoring experience is an asset
Apply for This Job