BMC Software, Inc.
From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
BMC is actively seeking a smart, dynamic individual with a positive can-do mindset to join our team.
The Senior Technical Support Analyst (TSA) provides technical support for BMC products and related software products. The BMC TSA will be the primary interface between BMC and our customers, and will interact with BMC Customer Engineering teams to ensure all problems are resolved with the highest levels of customer satisfaction through quick and thorough remediation of customer issues.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and respond to customer issues on BMC product and Integration issues, ensuring appropriate resolution time
- Responding to and resolving all customer enquiries (via phone, e-mail, web)
- Identifying and reporting functional defects to higher levels of Support and R&D
- Maintaining high level of customer satisfaction
- Properly documenting all customer interactions and troubleshooting actions into the BMC issue management systems
- Escalating service requests and issues appropriately in a timely fashion
- Exercise independent thought within defined procedures and practices
- Manage priorities and act on factors that create priorities
- Work collaboratively with other BMC product teams
- Capture and share knowledge
- 5-7 years of technical support or customer facing work experience
- Advanced analytical and problem solving abilities
- Advanced verbal agility and fluent spoken and written communication skills English / Spanish / (Portuguese is a plus)
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize Customer Support tools/resources
- Inquisitiveness to learn new products and ideas
- Expert on at least one operating systems (UNIX/Linux, Windows).
- Experience with platform virtualization (VMWare)
- Knowledge and understanding in VMWare, Windows/UNIX system administration
- Knowledge of functionality and performance of distributed computing platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of Database Administration, Oracle, SQL, DB2 etc.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of operating systems.
- Data mining (Notepad ++, Vi/Vim)
- Basic office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
The successful candidate will also possess the following assets:
- Basic Concepts of ITIL and or ITIL Foundation Certification
- Previous experience in handling global enterprise customers.
- Familiarity with Tomcat / WebLogic
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, Java (run time)
- Database and SQL experience, specifically Oracle and MS SQL
- Directory Service/LDAP/SAML, specifically Active Directory
- Networking Experience: working knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, firewall, proxy.
- Experience with Java concepts (core Java) and applications
- Advanced understanding of OOP (Classes, Objects, Inheritance, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of DB Normalization
- BS degree in Computer Systems or related technical field OR equivalent experience in programming software for systems and/or applications
Weekend and holiday work will be required
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the company.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page .